Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Good fight. Are we back in a good era for the sweet science after a good few years of rubbish?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2017, 01:00:12 AM
Good fight. Are we back in a good era for the sweet science after a good few years of rubbish?
We thanking Eddie Hearn?

nrico2006

Wasn't that impressed by Spence Jr. Brook tired as many feared he would due to the weight cut, hopefully he sees sense now and moves up. Reminds me of Frampton against Quigg, Frampton had no energy from round 7 odd on but is a different man at FW.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 28, 2017, 01:05:56 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2017, 01:00:12 AM
We thanking Eddie Hearn?
Partly he seems to be at the van guard of putting good fights together. But I actually think Dana White could be as responsible, (indirectly of course)

square_ball

I like Eddie Hearn think he does a great job for boxing plus he doesn't take himself overly serious in the media and his interviews are always entertaining especially with that IFL TV.

Groves fight was good too. Interesting to see where he goes now there seems plenty of options in that division.

Any of youse been watching the show about the mcguigans? Good watch. Last episode this week.

Gaffer

Eddie Hearn has brought big fight nights back which is great after a few years in the doldrums.

It's his job and of course he is making a lot of money out of it and why shouldn't he?

Getting booed because of the 'cheeky chappie' image he has IMO

McGuigan documentary brilliant. Looking forward to the 3rd show. Hope Cummings achieves his goal!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

JimStynes

Shane's woman is some bit of gear

Gaffer

And Fr Darcy got the job of marrying them.... The man loves celebrities
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaffer on May 28, 2017, 03:44:13 PM
And Fr Darcy got the job of marrying them.... The man loves celebrities
Sure he's one himself.

bennydorano

Burnett is a bit of a beast

bennydorano

Split decision my hole, what drugs was that judge on. Musta been a mess up there.

Duckquay

Had to have been marking the scorecard the wrong way around. That's the only explanation that I can think of

Gold

Had to be. Great boxer and fella
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

square_ball

Yeah Eddie Hearn said he got the fighters mixed up and genuinely thought Burnett was Haskins. Lucky the fight wasn't close. He should get the road after that.

Ball Hopper

I'm far from a boxing aficionado, but this is good stuff...especially the first round

Hearns v Hagler 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mILPqwesNE