Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Linares is some operator lads very impressive stuff!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

Crolla trying hard but Linares is on a different level altogether.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Linares is unreal.

I see Roach slabbering that McGregor isn't a good fighter and that he will get schooled by Mayweather.  I know who I would back in a fight between the two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 25, 2017, 11:24:11 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

Crolla trying hard but Linares is on a different level altogether.
Crolla gave it absolutely everything, but could still only win about 2 rounds. Linares superb.

Katie was impressive. Definitely the aim was to put on a show, very aggressive and didnt mind taking shots. Pity it's only 2 minute rounds in women's boxing, I think she'd be better with 3 minute rounds. She doesn't have concussive single punch power, and a minute break every two minutes allows the opponent to recover from the barrage of punches Katie lands.

The Sky guys certainly hype her up! Froch during the fight and Bellew afterwards gave her huge praise. I'm not sure she's such a shoe-in to be world champ.

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2017, 08:32:45 AM
Linares is unreal.

I see Roach slabbering that McGregor isn't a good fighter and that he will get schooled by Mayweather.  I know who I would back in a fight between the two.

Of course he'd get schooled by Mayweather

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on March 27, 2017, 09:25:03 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2017, 08:32:45 AM
Linares is unreal.

Of course he'd get schooled by Mayweather

I agree that he would, in a boxing match.  Roach's use of words could be better though, as McGregor may not be a great boxer but he is a great fighter and the opposite is true with regard to Mayweather.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Jaysus. Semantics. He means in a boxing ring. Boxers are called 'Fighters'. 'He's a hungry young fighter'. Roche means that McGregor would be well beaten in a boxing ring by Floyd Mayweather. I don't think it's an attack on his manhood.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 27, 2017, 10:43:17 AM
Jaysus. Semantics. He means in a boxing ring. Boxers are called 'Fighters'. 'He's a hungry young fighter'. Roche means that McGregor would be well beaten in a boxing ring by Floyd Mayweather. I don't think it's an attack on his manhood.

I dont get this sycophantic following of McGregor, Mayweather has made a career of not getting hit, by technically better and faster punchers than McG. I pretty much dislike everything about Mayweather but still think he will school McG.

nrico2006

I agree.  McGregor isn't a boxer.  He hasn't a hope against Mayweather.  Same way Mayweather wouldn't have a hope in a UFC match.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2017, 10:57:20 AM
I agree.  McGregor isn't a boxer.  He hasn't a hope against Mayweather.  Same way Mayweather wouldn't have a hope in a UFC match.

The difference is nobody is daft enough to suggest Floyd would have a hope in MMA.

The Iceman

Ray Mercer proved that boxers have a chance in MMA by beating a washed up Tim Sylvia but I think those skills are only effective at HW and only against an MMA fighter who prefers to stand....
I fully support Mcgregors campaign to fight FMW. I would campaign just as hard and the result of the fight would be the same but I'd be $30million richer... it's all about the gold coin - I've said it over and over again..
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dec

gallsman

Just watched the Lomachenko fight from Saturday. He's ridiculously good. Talk of fighting Garcia at 135. That could be a special fight.

Syferus

Quote from: dec on April 07, 2017, 01:05:27 AM
Carl Frampton, an Antrim shirt and a twitter troll

https://twitter.com/RealCFrampton/status/849959890474983425

Framps is such a class act. Bridges both sides effortlessly. When you see how confused some other northern sport stars are about what to do about their dual identities (Mcllroy) the way Frampton hands himself is even more impressive.

Frampton for president.. of something.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on April 10, 2017, 05:31:07 PM
Just watched the Lomachenko fight from Saturday. He's ridiculously good. Talk of fighting Garcia at 135. That could be a special fight.

Lomachenko is really something else no one his size can touch him as he's proved already. Garcia would be interesting as he looks like is naturally a fair bit bigger than Lomachenko and has got heavy fast hands.... but landing them on Loma would be the problem.