Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2017, 11:42:33 PM
This is embarrassing. He won cos Haye was injured yet they're not mentioning it!

Haye must have learned after the Klitchko fight not to make excuses after a fight.
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Lol at Bellew and Joshua. Embarrassing shit there with both showing how desperate they are to make a few quid. A circus.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on March 04, 2017, 11:39:04 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 04, 2017, 11:36:07 PM
Besties now

It's almost as if all the "bad blood" was manufactured to sell the fight
Take that back!

Syferus

More respect for Haye after that loss than pretty much any of his wins.

lurganblue

Have to laugh at the celebrations in the Bellew camp.  He struggled to beat a one legged man and before the injury i had him losing comfortably.  He doesnt have the power.

Nice to see AJ mouth "no chance" when Bellew was talking sh*te about if they were ever to fight.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on March 06, 2017, 10:04:44 AM
Have to laugh at the celebrations in the Bellew camp.  He struggled to beat a one legged man and before the injury i had him losing comfortably.  He doesnt have the power.

Nice to see AJ mouth "no chance" when Bellew was talking sh*te about if they were ever to fight.

My thoughts exactly.  Haye had one every round up until that point.   In hindsight there was a reason for him not being able to get into position like he normally would and instead rely on wild lunges as the rumours last week must have been true.  Bellew couldn't even put him away when there were times Haye needed the ropes to stand up.  I see Bellew saying that people will respect his power now, holy moly!!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Bellew is a powder puff puncher and he could get seriously hurt in the heavyweights.
Not being able to finish Haye when he was in that shape says it all.

Why would the ref not stop the fight?

I know if a fighter cant defend himself he will be stopped but surely there has to be something if a fighter is like that it is only a matter of time before he gets nailed (unless you are fighting a a balloon like bellew)

nrico2006

Glad to see that rat Khan not getting that fight, he doesn't deserve it.

Also glad to see Garcia and his da lose on Saturday night.

Can now look forward to Joshua and Klitschko and I would imagine Hughie Fury will beat Parker in May too.  Hearing whispers of Santa Cruz wanting Selby next, Frampton really should have moved on after beating him the first time although the money and appeal of Vegas was probably too hard to turn down.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

Can now look forward to Joshua and Klitschko and I would imagine Hughie Fury will beat Parker in May too.  Hearing whispers of Santa Cruz wanting Selby next, Frampton really should have moved on after beating him the first time although the money and appeal of Vegas was probably too hard to turn down.

Saw a clip of Santa Cruz mumbling something about his dad and visa issues re coming to fight over here.

Looking forward to Crolla v Linares II. Enjoyed the 1st fight

lurganblue

Anyone watch the Thurman v Garcia fight? i watched it last night for the 1st.  Have to say i agreed with the Garcia 115 - 113, that one judge scored it.  American commentators had Thurman romping it.  Think i might have been watching a different fight.  They seem to put a lot of emphasis on amount of punches thrown per round.  Matters none if they arent landing.

gallsman

Ffs, not a hope Garcia won that fight!

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

Frampton didn't really make a mistake fighting Santa Cruz the second time. They'll have their trilogy given time and it will secure both fighters' legacies and financial futures. Total win-win. The tie being 1-1 makes the third fight an easy sell.

I wouldn't want them to fight again immediately anyways.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on March 10, 2017, 04:57:04 PM
Ffs, not a hope Garcia won that fight!

Why? You think he was destroyed then?

lurganblue

Jaysus Jamie Conlan doesn't make anything easy does he!

Laughed at his post fight interview too. When asked would he have to wear sunglasses at Michael's fight in New York he replied, it's snowing in New York f**k sake. I'D be running around looking like a fuckin d*ckhead  ;D