Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

gallsman

I have him down two or three. Much smarter fight from LSC this time and Frampton starting to struggle to figure out what to do.

Christmas Lights

Fair enough result.
CF never really got going fully I felt
LSC learnt more from first fight, good fighter and looks incredibly awkward to fight against

Bring on Windsor  8)

square_ball

More chance of this years ulster final being played at windsor than the third fight ring there or anywhere in Belfast. It'll be on LSC's terms now.

BennyHarp

Gutted! Just didn't get going and Santa Cruz improved significantly from the last day. Trilogy must be an option but I'd be surprised if it was in Belfast.
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2017, 12:32:02 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on January 29, 2017, 12:27:53 AM
Think people under estimating Santa Cruz. Think he'll get frampton out in later rounds. Hope not but frampton always tires

Tires?? He's fought a few distance fights! He'll be fine. Will go either way! If distance fight Carl by split decision... raging I'm not there
I could have imagined you there with your Northern Ireland jersey on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 29, 2017, 09:48:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2017, 12:32:02 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on January 29, 2017, 12:27:53 AM
Think people under estimating Santa Cruz. Think he'll get frampton out in later rounds. Hope not but frampton always tires

Tires?? He's fought a few distance fights! He'll be fine. Will go either way! If distance fight Carl by split decision... raging I'm not there
I could have imagined you there with your Northern Ireland jersey on.

Never actually bought a soccer top in my life!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

For me Carl had lost it when he was singing his own walk in song. He started slow like he was in a half coma. Half tried to get in to it a few times but boxed like he didn't know what to do if Leo boxed and jabbed rather than fought

Also he hugged Leo before the 12th.....there was no chance of him hugging him before the 12th the last day.

Leo is a fantastic boxer who is awkward and obviously has a far greater reach than Carl but it looked to me like the absolute hunger (that a challenger may have) wasn't there from Carl. He was flat and leggy and looked a bit drained. Wasting energy throwing power shots when he was clearly out of range too

There'll be no singing and smiling walking in the next day (I'm not being a boring c......he is entitled to enjoy his moment in the sun but just should've left the singing till the job was done!)
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Beat by the better fighter.... singing had nothing to do with it, Cruz was a better boxer last night and learned more from that first fight and Carl didn't ...

Was talking to a boxing coach on Monday and he said that Carl will lose and for him he shouldn't have taken the fight or waited a bit longer before a rematch...

Be strange having another fight with him again... The Vegas curse strikes again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Could Frampton and Santa Cruz not have settled their differences through dialogue?

(I hate boxing)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

Another quaility fight, Santa Cruz deserved it, just. Great to see the respect between the two.

I suppose the smart thing is to leave this for a while and then do the rubber match. Selby for Frampton next or a bit of a tune-up fight instead?

omaghjoe

Disapointing from Frampton

LSC just counter punched him the whole way smart boxing didn't think he could do that fair play great performance.

No wides

A third match, what a shit sport -if you are beat you are beat, are these the only two active boxers at this weight, crap sport.  Is it best out of 10 ffs.

JimStynes

Quote from: No wides on February 16, 2017, 01:46:42 PM
A third match, what a shit sport -if you are beat you are beat, are these the only two active boxers at this weight, crap sport.  Is it best out of 10 ffs.

Not sure if you're a wum or serious?

No wides

Serious question.  Obviously its all about the money, but ffs how many rematches are they going to have?