Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Canelo v Chavez Junior confirmed for Vegas on cinco de mayo.
Catch Weight at 164.5lbs, quite a jump for Canelo but youd imagine he would still have too much for jr

JimStynes

Read that earlier and laughed. Canelo is a joker.

STREET FIGHTER

How does J DeGale fair out tonight?

BennyHarp

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 13, 2017, 10:56:41 PM
Catch Weight at 164.5lbs, quite a jump for Canelo but youd imagine he would still have too much for jr

Another fight against someone who isn't really a contender. Canelo is becoming a bit of a joke now, you get the impression that his team don't trust him against the top guys in his division and want to milk his earning potential before he has to face someone decent.

Looking forward to degale tonight. He's won me over recently and I would really like to see him unify the division and set up a fight with Callum Smith who I think is the real deal.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 14, 2017, 05:41:18 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 13, 2017, 10:56:41 PM

Another fight against someone who isn't really a contender. Canelo is becoming a bit of a joke now, you get the impression that his team don't trust him against the top guys in his division and want to milk his earning potential before he has to face someone decent.

Looking forward to degale tonight. He's won me over recently and I would really like to see him unify the division and set up a fight with Callum Smith who I think is the real deal.

I agree to an extent... this is the biggest money fight that Canelo could make outside of GGG and dela Hoya is maximising his cash cow before that fight, that is obvious. However I think we may get to see a different side of Canelo in this fight, he's not going to be the bull in a china shop that he has been lately against a guy who is bigger and we may actually see him box a little. Of course it depends which Chavez Jr shows up... if its the one we have been seeing lately since Martinez well it could all be over rather quickly

LilySavage

Badou Jack boxed in the Athy GAA club about 7/8 years ago when he was Swedish. Didn't look like a future World Champion that nite :)

omaghjoe

Majority draw with deGale and Jack anyway, didnt see it......

BennyHarp

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 15, 2017, 07:32:45 AM
Majority draw with deGale and Jack anyway, didnt see it......

Very good fight. Degale had him down in the first and did well for the first 4/5 rounds then Jack took over for the middle part of the fight. Degale seemed to be finishing strongly in the last few rounds but suffered a heavy enough knock down in the final round and was hanging on at the end. Draw probably fair enough but I thought Jack just knicked it especially with the final round knock down.

DuffleKing

What station was this on?

BennyHarp

Sky sports 1

Edit: it's on Sky sports 3 now!

bridgegael

Rematch looks doubtful as Jack is moving to light heavyweight  would degale v smith fight for Jacks vacant belt?  Throw in George groves and there is a nice 3 way match up there. Big Eddie is delighted
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Cracking fight. Davis-Pedraza well with watching too.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on January 15, 2017, 02:10:11 PM
Cracking fight. Davis-Pedraza well with watching too.

Was a good card as Aleem v Khytrov fight was class too while it lasted.

Syferus

Money needs to make the rematch happen at the same weight again. But he sounds awful cool on the idea.

Great fight.

nrico2006

Rematch is doubtful as Smith is next in line for the WBC shot.  Think he would beat Jack or DeGale.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'