Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2016, 12:53:11 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 21, 2016, 12:31:53 PM
Frampton fight to be shown live on Sky (not PPV).  Amazing considering a dud fight like Joshua's last one was PPV. (i'll be streaming either way)

Was just giving off about that there now to a boy in work.

Are you complaining it's not on ppv ? By the way don't think AJ is a dud either not many top class heavyweights out there who tests him from the current crop?

lurganblue

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on December 22, 2016, 01:04:38 AM
Frampton fight to be shown live on Sky (not PPV).  Amazing considering a dud fight like Joshua's last one was PPV. (i'll be streaming either way)

Are you complaining it's not on ppv ? By the way don't think AJ is a dud either not many top class heavyweights out there who tests him from the current crop?

In terms of paying for it i dont care whether it's PPV or not cos i wont be paying.  What i am comparing though is a top class fight between 2 evenly matched fighters and a dud fight were only one person will win, and how they are marketed.  I never said Joshua is a dud.  Quite looking forward to his next fight to hopefully finally see what he is made of.

oakleaflad

Klitschko, Fury, Ortiz and Wilder all for sure at least test him.
Pulev, Haye and Parker could maybe test him.
Then you have the likes of Stiverne and Dillian Whyte who if at 100% could give a good fight but most likely would not win.
Didn't mention Povetkin as he is drugged to the eyeballs.

gallsman

Wilder is a donkey. Can bang but has fight nothing but cans.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 22, 2016, 03:05:10 PM

Klitschko, Fury, Ortiz and Wilder all for sure at least test him.
Pulev, Haye and Parker could maybe test him.
Then you have the likes of Stiverne and Dillian Whyte who if at 100% could give a good fight but most likely would not win.
Didn't mention Povetkin as he is drugged to the eyeballs.

All will test him. Fury probably his toughest test depending how he is when he returns. I am not convinced with Parker and my jury's out on wilder he can bang but is very messy and not technically sound. A good straight boxer like Joshua makes short work of him.

nrico2006

Can't count Whyte in as he was knocked out already. Haye and Fury will beat him I think. Klitschko and Ortiz could too but the rest won't get near him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Far East

There is no chance that Haye beats AJ.  Apart from the fact that he's not a heavyweight and never was, I suspect he's a patched up shadow of the fighter who dominated the cruiserweight division

gallsman

He might not be a big heavyweight but a prime Haye would have demolished Joshua. Infinitely superior boxer. The version of Haye we're seeing at the minute might well do the same.

Far East

A prime Haye? very possibly. However, I have a feeling that Bellew is going to confirm just how far Haye's abilities have slipped.  To be fair to Haye, his shoulder injuries should really have finished his career

gallsman

Thing is, all Haye has done since he came back is fight cans. Impossible to know what he has.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Far East on December 26, 2016, 02:02:46 AM
A prime Haye? very possibly. However, I have a feeling that Bellew is going to confirm just how far Haye's abilities have slipped.  To be fair to Haye, his shoulder injuries should really have finished his career

Surely Haye has still too much for Bellew- injuries or not?

an léirmheastóir

IT'S ON !!! Canelo v GGG September 16 2017. The one we have all been waiting for, I for one cannot wait.

gallsman

Source? Making a fight ten months away would be pretty odd. Loads of time for things to go wrong.

nrico2006

Any version of Haye beats Bellew easily though. Haye was a heavyweight, just not as big as the giants there today. Was Tyson not a HW because he wasn't 6ft6?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Far East

Tyson was a freak!  I suspect that haye and his team know that he shouldn't be fighting with the considerable damage  to his shoulder. He had 4 years of surgeries and therapy and has been handed 2 tin cans and 3 rounds of boxing in this comeback. I reckon the plan was to engineer 1 last payday to top up the pension.  Looks like Bellew will do.  Don't get me wrong, a prime Haye would dismantle Bellew but I think I'll be proved right., Haye will look like very damaged goods and a fighter with only 3 rounds under his belt in 2 year.  Francie is no world beater but i think he's in for a very easy night!