Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

very impressive from katie. hopefully she goes from strength to strength in pro ranks.
nil satis nisi optimum

STREET FIGHTER

Comes across as a really nice girl.....fair play.....if only she had of clipped your man on the late late the other week.....

bridgegael

Good start to the pro ranks for Taylor,  a serious operator.

On another note, I see nick Blackwell is back in hospital having surgery on his brain,  he got injured during a sparring session.  Crazy decision from him and those that were there for it too.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bridgegael on November 26, 2016, 10:24:34 PM

On another note, I see nick Blackwell is back in hospital having surgery on his brain,  he got injured during a sparring session.  Crazy decision from him and those that were there for it too.
He was given a trainers licence but seems he couldn't help himself. Stupid cnut.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: bridgegael on November 26, 2016, 10:24:34 PM

Katie was phenomenal as I had expected her to be. She seems to have left all the crap from her last year as an amateur behind her, seems to be back in a really good place. Great to see.

I read that about Blackwell I really hope he is ok and gets on the mend soon this is the other side of boxing, a cruel sport at times too.

JimStynes

Lomachenko was class last night but I was very disappointed with your man Walters. I had only seen bit and pieces of him and he was made to look very ordinary and showed no heart whatsoever. A top level fighter should never quit unless he was getting beat up or his corner pull him out of the fight. it was another no man moment.  Easy to say that while sitting watching a fight all the same. Lomachenko looks like a nightmare to try and fight.

gallsman

He was getting battered and had absolutely no answer for what was facing. Easy to criticise someone for not having heart but I imagine it's a hell of a lot easier to decide you don't want any more of it when getting the head chewed up with no idea how you might go about winning the fight.

square_ball

I just seen that story about Nick Blackwell! What the hell was he playing at? Or more to the point what were the people around him doing? Crazy stuff to be at.

imtommygunn

Quote from: square_ball on November 27, 2016, 03:41:37 PM
I just seen that story about Nick Blackwell! What the hell was he playing at? Or more to the point what were the people around him doing? Crazy stuff to be at.

Just read that. Shocking. Actually moreso from the guy he sparred with. Hope he is ok and has the sense to never do anything like it again.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on November 27, 2016, 02:25:28 PM
He was getting battered and had absolutely no answer for what was facing. Easy to criticise someone for not having heart but I imagine it's a hell of a lot easier to decide you don't want any more of it when getting the head chewed up with no idea how you might go about winning the fight.

As I said early it is easy saying it while sitting watching and any man that has to balls to fight for a living deserves respect. It's just he wasn't getting battered, he hadn't a mark on his face, but more of a boxing lesson. He didn't take any really bad punches and certainly wasnt hurt.  I think he realised he was getting outclassed and just gave up to easy for someone who was meant to be a world class fighter. One of Lomavchenko's weaknesses I feel is that he isn't really a heavy puncher and if he is going to go up the weight classes then this might be his one slight flaw. He is amazing to watch though, his speed and movement is phenomenal. Nearly 400 amateur fights and only beat once. Ridiculous.

omaghjoe

Have to say i was questioning his p4p rating after only 7 fights
Watched a few rounds, he's very very good he'llactually likely move up the p4p rating.
He also did a similar demolition job on Gary Russell

nrico2006

Serious difference in Ward and Lomachenko ability wise. Lomachenko is a different class.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

nrico2006

I meant with regards to the shot being spout last week that Ward was pound for pound number 1.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 28, 2016, 03:49:33 PM
I meant with regards to the shot being spout last week that Ward was pound for pound number 1.

Calm down, Lomachenko is pure class but he has only had pro 8 pro fights and he lost one of those. He really is a massively talented fighter though. His footwork is just unbelievable.
That was never a square ball!!