Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Anyone watching this? Kovalev is an absolute beast, looks like he can hurt Ward every time he lands.
That was never a square ball!!

JimStynes

Yeah. Two great fighters! Ward needs to win the second half here.

BennyHarp

Ward recovered well. This will be close!

JimStynes

Looks like Kovalev on points! There is going to have to be a rematch for this one whatever happens. I haven't given Kovalev enough credit for his boxing skills.

omaghjoe

JimStynes

Jesus. I didn't agree with that.

omaghjoe

BennyHarp

I had Ward by two rounds. I didn't think Kovalev won any of the last 6 rounds. Definite rematch though!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 20, 2016, 05:42:31 AM
I had Ward by two rounds. I didn't think Kovalev won any of the last 6 rounds. Definite rematch though!

You give R10 to Ward?

HiMucker

Could have went either way.  Ward for me shaded it and I had money on kovalev.  Has to be a rematch to settle it.

JimStynes

I thought it was very close as well but Kovalev won by one or two rounds for me. The 10-8 round being the main difference. 3 American judges is a joke though. Also, I love listening to Roy Jones Jnr anytime he is commentating. Great to see two genuine great fighters actually fighting! Hopefully they do it again.

omaghjoe

Ward is shite to watch.

His gameplan tonight was basically counter with a grab, then sneak a punch to the ribs when breaking away, maybe throw in a featherweight jab every so often. If you score those crappy little shots the same as Kovalevs clean hard punches you need your head examined.

BennyHarp

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 20, 2016, 05:59:11 AM
Ward is shite to watch.

His gameplan tonight was basically counter with a grab, then sneak a punch to the ribs when breaking away, maybe throw in a featherweight jab every so often. If you score those crappy little shots the same as Kovalevs clean hard punches you need your head examined.

How many clean hard punches did he actually land? Granted, when he landed he hurt Ward but barely landed another after he dropped Ward in round 2. For me, Ward bossed the second half if the fight and although I wouldn't have argued with a Kovalev win as it was very close, I had Ward up by two. The work that Ward does as counters are an art in themselves and shouldn't be discounted. Boxing isn't just about who hits the hardest and landing a couple of big shots isn't enough to win you a fight on points.

Watch the Darleys Perez fight beforehand if you want to see proper dodgy judging!

nrico2006

Kovalev won five of the first six rounds and had a 10-8 in there too. Another shitty boxing decision.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 20, 2016, 09:28:39 AM
Kovalev won five of the first six rounds and had a 10-8 in there too. Another shitty boxing decision.

He definitely didn't win the 3rd or 5th.