Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on September 26, 2016, 11:08:35 AM
What is the story with Fury right enough?
Badly advised? Or just a total disgrace of a professional athlete?

I'm not sure you can call anyone who becomes heavyweight champion of the world a disgrace in terms of their athleticism (Fury certainly tests that hypothesis though).

I genuinely think the man is just a lunatic. Doesn't care. Some of the interviews he's done with the likes of Donald McRae are eye opening shit his depression etc.

lurganblue

Really enjoyed the Crolla fight. I watched it in a bar without having to listen too much to the sky pundits.  after 6 i would have said it was level.  Linares finished the fight better though and i have to say i would have agreed with the 115 - 113 card.  it's amazing the difference of opinions while watching a fight though.

Crolla landed some cracking left hooks to the body. 

I wouldnt mind seeing them fight again.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on September 26, 2016, 11:08:35 AM
What is the story with Fury right enough?
Badly advised? Or just a total disgrace of a professional athlete?

I would imagine he does his own thing though and doesn't really listen too much to the advice of others, bar maybe his uncle.  His uncle was giving off about the media tratement Tyson has received since he won the belts, but to be honest it is all his own fault with the non-pc stuff he spouts.  As for not fighting Klitschko twice, he made a big song and dance regarding Haye and about how he would never back out of a fight no matter how badly injured he was, yet he has done it twice now.  I said to a boy in work a few weeks back that this rematch wouldn't happen, the whole charade about the car breaking down showed him up for the tube he is.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

Was showing a lad a work Juddah v Tszyu there. Feck it had to be one of the funniest knockdowns ever

omaghjoe

Terrible news from Scotland with the death of Mike Towell
RIP

imtommygunn

Only just read that. Talk of headaches leading up to the fight. Rip. I feel for the opponent too. You wouldn't feel too good after that.

square_ball

Anybody watch the cleverley fight? Braemar probably ahead on the cards but quit after round 5 with a broken elbow. Really strange ending.

JoG2

"Boxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of shit, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a dick, happy days  :D :D :D"

Tyson Fury

Is it real or a windup?

mouview

Typical noise-generating attention-seeking from someone of his ..er.. background.

lurganblue

Quote from: square_ball on October 01, 2016, 10:45:55 PM
Anybody watch the cleverley fight? Braemar probably ahead on the cards but quit after round 5 with a broken elbow. Really strange ending.

Yeah i watched it. Cleverley seemed to throw punches by the plenty that wouldnt have hurt a child.  Was very surprised Braemar quit. 

square_ball

Panic over lads he's out of retirement already!

BennyHarp

Not much sympathy for a man suffering from mental illness in this thread. This isn't something new with Fury, he's been battling the demons for a long time and his outbursts (and most likely his cocaine abuse) are symptomatic of this. I wouldn't be berating the man just yet and listening to a few comments from his close friends this week, he seems to be in a fairly dark place. I hope he can sort himself out and get back in action next year, as without him the division is much less interesting and whoever holds his titles will always have a bit of an asterix against their name.
That was never a square ball!!