Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2016, 04:15:07 AM
Anyone still doubt GGG? #1 in the world.

Last night proved nothing more regarding GGG other than what we already know. That he can beat up guys who he shouldn't be matched with. If that was a proper middle weight or above landing those shots that Kell was landing last night, then we would know a bit more. I felt he was actually outboxed a little in the exchanges last night but ultimately was too big and too strong at the weights!
That was never a square ball!!

ziggy90

Quote from: JoG2 on September 11, 2016, 12:06:35 AM
Brook is some fighter and fair dues to him.  GGG is an absolute beast and would have caused serious damage if that had went any further.  Brook landed that upper cut and a combo in the second,  Golovkin jesters and you feared the worst for Brook.  As has been mentioned,  the Sky commentators are full of sh1t.  They even tried to portray the fact that GGG got angry was a weakness.. dear me. 

Christ but Eddie Hearns is a tube

An absolute slimeball.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

JimStynes

Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2016, 04:15:07 AM
Anyone still doubt GGG? #1 in the world.
The number one fighter in the world was fighting last night but it wasn't GGG. Roman 'chocolatito' Gonzalez picked up another world title. The man is amazing but doesn't get the correct regonition as he is in the smaller weight classes. GGG is an animal though, we are yet to see him in with another top 10. He might have to go up to some sort of catch weight to try secure his legacy, he's not getting any younger. Judging him against a fella who has jumped up 2 weights is pointless.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 11, 2016, 07:57:15 AM
Brook is some fighter and fair dues to him.  GGG is an absolute beast and would have caused serious damage if that had went any further.  Brook landed that upper cut and a combo in the second,  Golovkin jesters and you feared the worst for Brook.  As has been mentioned,  the Sky commentators are full of sh1t.  They even tried to portray the fact that GGG got angry was a weakness.. dear me. 

An absolute slimeball.

He is good at what he does though!

JimStynes

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 11, 2016, 08:39:45 AM

An absolute slimeball.

I don't mind Eddie Hearn. It's the business he is in. I like to listen to him and he takes the piss out of himself a good bit on the interviews with Kugan Cassius. Who else is better outside of America?

BennyHarp

Quote from: JimStynes on September 11, 2016, 08:47:58 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 11, 2016, 08:39:45 AM

An absolute slimeball.

I don't mind Eddie Hearn. It's the business he is in. I like to listen to him and he takes the piss out of himself a good bit on the interviews with Kugan Cassius. Who else is better outside of America?

I agree and would argue he is putting on better shows than the Americans are at the minute, selling out arenas up and down the country. He's managed to get some fairly average fighters World Title shots and even World titles, (such as Lee Haskins who fought last night) and he's convinced half of Britain that Anthony Joshua is the new Mohammad Ali. Also to be fair he gets his fighters good money in the process.

square_ball

I agree he is excellent at his job and I like those interviews with cassius but some of the cards he puts on are pure shite and a lot of them be pay per view too. But his job is to make money and he is rolling in it.

Interesting to see Roy jones jnr saying after round 4 that brook was looking a way out of the fight but suggesting his corner took the heat off him by throwing in the towel instead of brook quitting.

Do you think khan would be keen on a fight after that last night? That's probably further away now! Would love to see that one. GGG would probably beat saunders and Eubank on the one night. Hopefully canelo gets made soon but golden boy will wait for another few years when GGG is on the wane.

Asal Mor

Quote from: square_ball on September 11, 2016, 11:37:46 AM
I agree he is excellent at his job and I like those interviews with cassius but some of the cards he puts on are pure shite and a lot of them be pay per view too. But his job is to make money and he is rolling in it.

Interesting to see Roy jones jnr saying after round 4 that brook was looking a way out of the fight but suggesting his corner took the heat off him by throwing in the towel instead of brook quitting.

Do you think khan would be keen on a fight after that last night? That's probably further away now! Would love to see that one. GGG would probably beat saunders and Eubank on the one night. Hopefully canelo gets made soon but golden boy will wait for another few years when GGG is on the wane.
Billy Joe agrees with you. About 40 seconds in.... "Golovkin would destroy me and you on the same night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuwAz-ekoQ

square_ball

Ha! Id say that will be played a few times over if that fight is mads.

gallsman

Looking forward to seeing the Chocolatito fight. He's very, very special.

JimStynes

Would have loved mayweather to have fought GGG a few years back when there were a few rumours that GGG would go down to a catchweight to fight him. A fighter like mayweather and ward would beat GGG in my opinion. Would be a complete borefest action wise all the same.

omaghjoe

Ward maybe but Mayweather wouldnt have a hope against Golovkin.

Golovkin smelt blood early last night and was happy enough eating a few of Brook's punches to land his bombs. Would likely be the same story with Mayweather

Also Golovkin can box, his amateur records speaks for that, not to mention in his unification fight with Lemieux where he didnt throw a hook for the first 4 rounds and proceeded with a total jab fest.

JimStynes

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 11, 2016, 05:54:33 PM

Golovkin smelt blood early last night and was happy enough eating a few of Brook's punches to land his bombs. Would likely be the same story with Mayweather

Also Golovkin can box, his amateur records speaks for that, not to mention in his unification fight with Lemieux where he didnt throw a hook for the first 4 rounds and proceeded with a total jab fest.

Disagree. GGG at 154 wouldn't be quite as good. He would struggle with a peak mayweather's movement, speed and accuracy. It would be a borefest and UD on the scorecards. Mayweather would control the pace like he always does. Total p***k but an amazing fighter.

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on September 11, 2016, 08:13:06 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 11, 2016, 05:54:33 PM

Disagree. GGG at 154 wouldn't be quite as good. He would struggle with a peak mayweather's movement, speed and accuracy. It would be a borefest and UD on the scorecards. Mayweather would control the pace like he always does. Total p***k but an amazing fighter.

Dropping 6 odd pounds wouldn't take much away from GGG.   It'll never happen because the Mayweather would never ever take the fight.  I agree with Omagh Joe,  GGG would hunt him down and hit like he's never been hit before. 

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on September 11, 2016, 12:19:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Chocolatito fight. He's very, very special.
Just watched it there on box nation.   Good scrap but clear winner.  He is a class act.  Fitness is unreal as well.