Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Glad the corner pulled him out of the fight there. That was only going to get worse. Commentators talking shite throughout. Brook had some balls to get in with that machine. Would love to have seen him without the eye injury to see how long he would have lasted.

Harold Disgracey

Good effort by Brook, his corner were correct to throw in the towel.

bridgegael

Just on the towel thing, throw the f**king thing in and not wave it behind the refs back!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BennyHarp

Fair play to Kell, he gave it a proper go and the corner were right to pull him out.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

omagh_gael

What a fight. Correct decision to throw in towel.

ONeill

Brook wasn't too disappointed!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Gettin outta there alive was a bonus.

fair play to Brook but some amount o shite being talked there about a guy that was pulled out of  it in 5 rounds

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on September 10, 2016, 11:55:31 PM
Brook wasn't too disappointed!!

I would say he will be feeling extremely frustrated rather than disappointed. His eye socket more than likely broken so what can he do? He's never going to last 12 rounds with that sort of injury so he probably knows it was the right decision. But no doubt feeling like he could do much better if he hadn't of got that injury and will want another shot, even though there are much easier fights out there, for more money. Would have been interesting to see how long he would have lasted injury free.

The commentators talk some shite about this is the blue print to beat GGG and all. When really the fight went as everyone expected. Stoppage in middle rounds. I really rate Brook though. Cracking fighter and will hopefully be back at the top soon.

JoG2

Brook is some fighter and fair dues to him.  GGG is an absolute beast and would have caused serious damage if that had went any further.  Brook landed that upper cut and a combo in the second,  Golovkin jesters and you feared the worst for Brook.  As has been mentioned,  the Sky commentators are full of sh1t.  They even tried to portray the fact that GGG got angry was a weakness.. dear me. 

Christ but Eddie Hearns is a tube

heganboy

Brook handled himself well, maybe drop back down and clean up. Socket was broken early. Good call by corner. GGG is some fighter.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

The result shows just how brave, but incredibly stupid, a decision it was for Brook to jump that much weight. GGG hasn't looked good or healthy all week, was very low at the 30 day weigh in and he still smashed him.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on September 11, 2016, 12:07:54 AM
The result shows just how brave, but incredibly stupid, a decision it was for Brook to jump that much weight. GGG hasn't looked good or healthy all week, was very low at the 30 day weigh in and he still smashed him.
Aye Brook landed a few but nothing troubling. Brook was likely to end up in a bad way if they allowed it to go on so he right decision from the corner. Not ideal for paying public but the guys health was on the line.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on September 11, 2016, 12:07:54 AM

Was he tho? Thought that myself about his weight but then was reading that Abel Sanchez says he rarely comes to camp above 170.

But then there was the 159 weigh in as you pointed out.... do you think he had a bug or something?

Syferus

Anyone still doubt GGG? #1 in the world.