Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Predictable insulting myopic nonsense from you there Orior there. The self control to not snipe in the north no matter the achievement or positivity simply doesn't exist. You are a child, nothing more.

Congratulations to Frampton, a class act in and out of the ring. On course to be the GoAT Irish boxer now. He might already be there.

Orior

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2016, 09:31:53 PM
Predictable insulting myopic nonsense from you there Orior there. The self control to not snipe in the north no matter the achievement or positivity simply doesn't exist. You are a child,  nothing more.

Congratulations to Frampton, a class act in and out of the ring. On course to the GoAT Irish boxer now. He might already be there.

Thank you!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2016, 10:47:09 PM
Predictable insulting myopic nonsense from you there Orior there. The self control to not snipe in the north no matter the achievement or positivity simply doesn't exist. You are a child,  nothing more.

Congratulations to Frampton, a class act in and out of the ring. On course to the GoAT Irish boxer now. He might already be there.

Thank you!

Don't be dick Orior, stop making things themus and usses, so fecking predictable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Thank you!

Twat. There was tricolours, GAA tops and Norn iron jerseys in that bar yesterday. The wee man has done more to bring people together than any of those tubes on the hill.

Orior

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 01, 2016, 10:50:32 PM

Thank you!

Twat. There was tricolours, GAA tops and Norn iron jerseys in that bar yesterday. The wee man has done more to bring people together than any of those tubes on the hill.

I only saw NI tops. Shoot me.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2016, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 01, 2016, 10:50:32 PM

Thank you!

I only saw NI tops. Shoot me.

You only see what you want and believe what people tell you... Good man
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

I see box rec now have Frampton in the top ten pound for pound fighters list at number 9, sandwiched between Klitschko at number 8 and Kell Brook at number 10.

Some achievement and well deserved.

One boy up the list a bit who's place might not be so comfortable at the minute is Tyson Fury, he pulled out of the Klitschko fight citing injury on the same day he was banned by the UKAD for testing positive for nandrolone.  Ban has been lifted ahead until a hearing in front of the national anti doping panel. 

MR - Interested in your thoughts where Frampton goes from here ?  Selby fight would be great but would be a bigger fight if Selby has a high profile win beforehand.

I could see someone like Abner Mares coming over to Belfast for his next fight ?  Mares still a big name stateside with a point to prove.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

lurganblue

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on August 04, 2016, 01:12:29 PM
I see box rec now have Frampton in the top ten pound for pound fighters list at number 9, sandwiched between Klitschko at number 8 and Kell Brook at number 10.

One boy up the list a bit who's place might not be so comfortable at the minute is Tyson Fury, he pulled out of the Klitschko fight citing injury on the same day he was banned by the UKAD for testing positive for nandrolone.  Ban has been lifted ahead until a hearing in front of the national anti doping panel. 

MR - Interested in your thoughts where Frampton goes from here ?  Selby fight would be great but would be a bigger fight if Selby has a high profile win beforehand.

I could see someone like Abner Mares coming over to Belfast for his next fight ?  Mares still a big name stateside with a point to prove.

talk that santa cruz will be activating a rematch clause in the contract.

gallsman

Mares certainly an option, Donaire too for some further exposure in the US. Selby, like Quigg, would be a big draw at home but Frampton is in the driving seat. Really up to him. Personally would love to see the rematch.

Milltown Row2

Inlaws just back from New York, thought the fight at ringside was always in favour of Carl (well for most rounds)  so coming round to watch the fight tonight and talk about options... Think personally five fights would be enough over next 2 and half years, 29 now. Couple of fights in the states, one in England and couple in Belfast....

Carl is a good talker, and would be intelligent enough to do punditry around Britain and beyond... Hard to tell someone to quit when at the top of their game I suppose

DuffleKing

rigondeaux Won't feature in the plans? I've seen lists of possible opponents and no mention of the Cuban at all.

The Iceman

I think if he fought Mares they'd want to keep it in the states - he's a solid name over here, strong mexican who can brawl and put on exciting fights - would do better PPV numbers here than in belfast...
carl is a great boxer and would be too technical for Mares but a great, exciting fight nonetheless with a well known U.S name - smart fight for good money
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

omaghjoe

Dont think Rigo features on anyones plans there is no money in him and he would likely beat anyone below 127

Hardly think Frampton will be up to PPV level in the US yet, in fact I would say he's still miles of it

DennistheMenace

Gary Russel Jr too risky an option probably.

Milltown Row2

chatting last night and they have said its an 8 fight finish from here on in, providing there are no upsets in between, but a defeat to Carl will be just that a defeat and he'll move on to the next guy, he was a great amateur and lost fights but always bounced back, so taking that forward wouldn't be a big thing to him in his professional life...

Nothing has been planned at this point so its a case of wait and see who comes forward with the best deal I suppose, Russell, Selby in Cardiff would be a big earner, Mares would be another taster for the American fight fans... he might even finish off fighting rigondeaux, as I'm sure very aware of what others have said, but when you are managed by someone you take their judgement on things, its done him no harm so far!!

main thing is to not get carried away (which is not in his nature) approach each fight with the same professional attitude as before, take nothing for granted and trust your body to tell you what you can do