Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Simply superb, fully deserved the win. Watched a pre-fight interview and Carl seemed so laid back compared to some of his previous fights. His training had gone well and he was fully fit with no niggly injuries. Guy belongs on the big stage.

gallsman

Quote from: PW Nally on July 31, 2016, 10:44:26 AM
What sort of money we talking here for Frampton?

500k USD and presumably some TV money off BoxNation. LSC's purse was double that.

PW Nally

Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2016, 11:28:57 AM
Quote from: PW Nally on July 31, 2016, 10:44:26 AM
What sort of money we talking here for Frampton?

500k USD and presumably some TV money off BoxNation. LSC's purse was double that.

And even bigger paydays and sponsorship to follow presumably.

JimStynes

What are his options now? Selby fight should prob be built up a bit more before they fight.

JoG2

Absolutely brilliant.  Fair play to the man. 

square_ball

Just watched it for the first time on box nation jeez frampton was fantastic. His accuracy, power and movement was outstanding throughout. So happy for him he has always come across so well throughout his career.

JoG2

anyone have a link to watch the full fight online? thanks

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

nrico2006

Watched the daily motion link yesterday, unbelievable quality.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Frampton is a class act.  Shane McGuigan is some man too. To hear him in the corner when we got a chance was great - solid advice to get Carl's head back in the fight in the later rounds. Superior defense, some beautiful punches landed - best I've seen of him.  I'll admit I was very worried going to the scorecards.  Normally a fight as close as that would go to the Champ.  We all had a great view on tV but the judges at ringside could have (and did) see a very different fight.  Delighted for Carl and Belfast Boxers!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on August 01, 2016, 03:56:05 PM
Frampton is a class act.  Shane McGuigan is some man too. To hear him in the corner when we got a chance was great - solid advice to get Carl's head back in the fight in the later rounds. Superior defense, some beautiful punches landed - best I've seen of him.  I'll admit I was very worried going to the scorecards.  Normally a fight as close as that would go to the Champ.  We all had a great view on tV but the judges at ringside could have (and did) see a very different fight.  Delighted for Carl and Belfast Boxers!

how was in received by the American boxing press?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2016, 04:00:27 PM

so far so good - they are touting the fight as a fight of the year candidate and applauding Frampton's skill.  Certainly no complaints about the result (aside form the scoring maybe) but he'll be invited back without a doubt and can command more money and big fights. He definitely cracked the market there is no doubt about that.  To move up a weight, stand toe to toe with an undefeated Mexican champion and take the belt from him like that - the American boxing fans (rightly so) lapped it up.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on August 01, 2016, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2016, 04:00:27 PM

so far so good - they are touting the fight as a fight of the year candidate and applauding Frampton's skill.  Certainly no complaints about the result (aside form the scoring maybe) but he'll be invited back without a doubt and can command more money and big fights. He definitely cracked the market there is no doubt about that.  To move up a weight, stand toe to toe with an undefeated Mexican champion and take the belt from him like that - the American boxing fans (rightly so) lapped it up.

It's great achievement.. to beat a 3 weight champions who's undefeated, well enough said
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Well done Carl, and thankfully my prediction was wrong.

May I be the first to say that loyalist belfast has taken over the Frampton show. Wonder if his wife's folks from the New Lodge have taken to wearing the NI soccer top?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians