Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I gave it to him by three or four in the end. Unbelievable. Ultimate the right result but thought 117-111 was a bit harsh.

Frampton snappier and much more accurate throughout and his defence, particularly his head movement, was brilliant.

Absolutely smashing fight.

Wildweasel74

Thought a draw would been near the right decision, so many of those heavy hitting rounds were hard to call, def wasn't 6 in it at 117 - 111 and thought 4 was also harsh at 116 - 112

omaghjoe

I thought it was gonna end up a draw, Frampton by 6 rounds was silly

Twas a great fight, rare you'll see two fighters with such quality,matched so equally

Fair play Carl

JimStynes

Hope they do it again. If I was Santa Cruz's team I would be pissed off by those score cards. I had it very close and expected it to be a draw or someone winning by a round. Wonder what is next for Frampton?? Rigondeaux will be calling him out again.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2016, 04:53:58 AM
I gave it to him by three or four in the end. Unbelievable. Ultimate the right result but thought 117-111 was a bit harsh.

Frampton snappier and much more accurate throughout and his defence, particularly his head movement, was brilliant.

+ 1

I had him easily the winner the commentator where flat ignoring his punches and Rawlins clearly push Cruz rounds on the colour commentator it fecking annoyed tbh.

Irish crowd where unreal. Steve Bunch would sicken yer hole, i actually like him as a pundit but lead presenter NO. ''What does this mean to BRITISH boxing, BRitish boxing'' he emphasised it twice!!! my typing doesnt do justice to his obvious distest to him having Irishness. i dont mind Britain claiming Frampton. He's a prod married to a catholic from the north, he epitimises a shared society and makes sure he mentions everyone in his celebrations

gallsman

I was watching it on Showtime and they were much more honest about it. Acknowledged Santa Cruz coming back into it but that Frampton was boxing superbly. Their unofficial scorer had it 5-1 to Frampton after six.

gallsman

Also, not that it should be remarkable in any way, but Frampton spoke so well after that. The man is an absolute role model.

JimStynes

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 31, 2016, 05:08:17 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2016, 04:53:58 AM

+ 1

I had him easily the winner the commentator where flat ignoring his punches and Rawlins clearly push Cruz rounds on the colour commentator it fecking annoyed tbh.

Irish crowd where unreal. Steve Bunch would sicken yer hole, i actually like him as a pundit but lead presenter NO. ''What does this mean to BRITISH boxing, BRitish boxing'' he emphasised it twice!!! my typing doesnt do justice to his obvious distest to him having Irishness. i dont mind Britain claiming Frampton. He's a prod married to a catholic from the north, he epitimises a shared society and makes sure he mentions everyone in his celebrations

Heard that as well. Frampton fought for Ireland as a youngster. It's the usual story, if he would have been beaten then British wouldnt have been mentioned.

Atticus_Finch

Unreal ! World class performance from Frampton tonight. Winner in my book not quite by the margin that two of the judges had it but I was scoring it being fairly critical of Frampton to leave a bit of breathing room for bias.  Great performance, landing the cleaner punches, being elusive and not letting SC establish any true rhythm.

Gallsman - couldn't put it better, absolute role model and a class act.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

omaghjoe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2016, 04:48:34 AM
Frampton done well there, i actually thought Santa Cruz had shaded him with constant punching through the rounds

All about the judges' taste and interpretation. Santa Cruz much busier but Carl with the more quality shots

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 31, 2016, 05:32:09 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2016, 04:48:34 AM
Frampton done well there, i actually thought Santa Cruz had shaded him with constant punching through the rounds

All about the judges' taste and interpretation. Santa Cruz much busier but Carl with the more quality shots

Yup, it'sa boxing match, not a brawl. If you look at all aspects of it, Frampton was probably superior and even a draw would have been harsh on him. More accurate, boxed off both the bank and front foot, superb defence and outstanding footwork. Some of his escapes off the ropes and out of the owners were masterful.

CiKe

Will be some hang re Milltown Row has today!

Never thought Carl would do it, de lĂ­gate dto be proven wrong.

Milltown Row2

Wow!! Fecking wow!!!! Went out last night with mates home for 3 sat with family watching the fight, mother and father in laws at the Berkley watching the fight sending us face time stuff, thought this was going to be a step too far, nope, stuck to the plan never changed and trusted the tactic!!! Wow, known Carl since he was about 8, as nice a fella you'll ever meet. His post fight interview was great.... To achieve what he's done at 2 different weights is fantastic, to do it in the states well that takes guts!..

Big options for him now....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PW Nally

What sort of money we talking here for Frampton?

Franko

Well done to the man!  He is a total class act and a brilliant advertisement for this place.