Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Friggin caught out with the start time too and missed the whole thing! Probably a bit earlier for UK fanbase maybe

Anyway got caught up there, Khan was doing all right in the early rounds and had some good success moving in. Unfortunately he either got to sure of himself or started to slow down and just got caught. I always got the impression that he is was half shittin himself anytime Canelo threw.

Canelo was poor to be fair, he had trouble with Khans speed and movement early on however he was never in any bother power wise. He looked like he was looking for a haymaker to connect from the off, it eventually did however it looked average enough boxing wise.
Anyone hear the fight night weights? He looked massive compared to Khan.

Big talk again from him post fight, think he wants the GGG fight but ODL wants to stall it. Wouldn't count on the WBC to strip him either. Golovkin has been WBC mandatory challenger for 2-3 years and still not gotten a title fight

TF15

.....and that's why we have weight classes! If a man over a stone heavier than you lands on the button it's always going to be goodnight, regardless of Khan's chin. Khan boxed really well through the first 4 rounds but once his movement dipped Canelo had his success in 5/6.

GGG beats Canelo all day if the fights in September. He's 34 now so let's hope it gets made before he's past his best.

gallsman

A lot of people on here don't like Khan but he deserves huge credit for what he attempted last night. He had the right gameplan early on and even though the fight had started to turn, he was still well in it.

His speed carried very well at the higher with and had Canelo bothered early on. Back to 147 and hopefully fights with the likes of Brook, Thurman and a Garcia rematch. Would love to see Crawford move up again and join them all as I think he's probably the best fighter of the lot.

square_ball

I don't think it was a chin issue with Khan last night. A man that much heavier if he connects clean it's lights out. Khan got hit because he lost concentration for a second. There's a clip I seen and his hands were all over the place and canelo seen the opening. I guess Khan still has plenty of options including Garcia and Brook. I still fancy him to beat Brook for some reason. The thing I don't understand with Khan he's too busy chasing big fights and just doesn't get himself in the ring. Not every fight has to be this mega fight just get in the ring and fight (obviously boxing politics may come into it I don't know).

Canelo v GGG may be the next mayweather v pacqaio (sp) in that will it ever be made while they are both in their prime. I would say canelo does want it but Oscar DLH may not want to risk his Mexican cash cow!

omaghjoe

Well De la Hoya says Golovkin better pick up his phone tomorrow and Canelo says weight is not an issue.

Not sure if they can really dodge the issue for much longer with talk like that..... still tho.... the proof is in the pudding

nrico2006

Alvarez and De La Hoya will say the correct things in the limelight after a fight, the ducking and avoiding will start over the next few weeks in the back pages away from the spotlight
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

really enjoyed watching the Crolla fight this weekend.  First two rounds i thought he was gonna be in for a long night but credit to him, tactics were brilliant.  What a performance.

The Chisora fight beforehand was crap.

Dont think anyone expected a different outcome in the Khan fight.  All it took was one mistake.  Canelo v GGG has to happen next.

omaghjoe

Feck me I just remembered why I dislike Khan so much.

He now says he is to big a name to fight Kell Brook and the fight will never happen ::) 

I remember he was slabbering the same shite after the McCloskey fight, add that into the cringe worthy appearances at Mayweather fights makes him a right bollocks in my books.

Taking the Canelo fight shows how hungry he is for the smell of a pound. Glad he never got that easy payday with Mayweather.

lurganblue

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 10, 2016, 05:22:45 AM
Feck me I just remembered why I dislike Khan so much.

He now says he is to big a name to fight Kell Brook and the fight will never happen ::) 

I remember he was slabbering the same shite after the McCloskey fight, add that into the cringe worthy appearances at Mayweather fights makes him a right bollocks in my books.

Taking the Canelo fight shows how hungry he is for the smell of a pound. Glad he never got that easy payday with Mayweather.

Hope he fights Garcia again and catches another early left to the chin. Brook would probably beat him too.

JimStynes

Khan should fight him but at the same time he is getting big name and big money fights in Vegas. Brook is fighting crap in Sheffield Area ffs. Brook and Khan would be massive over here but I couldn't see it doing much in the USA. Disappointed Brook's team hasn't tried to make him more of a name in the states and get some big name fights in Vegas. Begging Khan all the time is getting a bit desperate. As much of a p***k that Khan is, he has done really well in his career to get the calibre of fights that he has been in.

Mikhail Prokhorov

for future reference re alarm clocks and big vegas fights  ;D,

the start time is always listed as "not before 4am" (8pm in nevada)

the actual start time depends on duration of undercard fights and how much they want to drag the promotion out

the main event can be on anytime after 4 but not before

Walter Cronc

Think Canelo v GGG has been confirmed for September 17!!

The Iceman

Lads if you're not already follow "Belfast Boxers" on Facebook - a fantastic resource run by well known local Hugh O'Halloran
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JimStynes

Quote from: The Iceman on May 13, 2016, 04:31:25 PM
Lads if you're not already follow "Belfast Boxers" on Facebook - a fantastic resource run by well known local Hugh O'Halloran

It's great. Been watching fights live on there and everything.