Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: bennydorano on February 28, 2016, 12:23:06 AM
Not many undefeated 2 belt World Champions are 'average'. Average fight? Most definitely.

Frampton beats Rigdoneaux imo as well.

In Frampton's last 24 rounds have you seen anything that jumps out at you? Quigg tonight was scandalous. A mediocre age.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on February 28, 2016, 12:23:06 AM
Not many undefeated 2 belt World Champions are 'average'. Average fight? Most definitely.

Frampton beats Rigdoneaux imo as well.
I reckon frampton would get knocked out. The only thing is Rigondeaux's age. He's bound to be on the decline. His fight against Donaire was a masterclass and I wouldn't put frampton at his level.

bennydorano

I was surprised so many people fancied Quigg to win tbh, the we are Engerland mentality probably more than anything else.

If Frampton V Rig happens, it happens in Belfast. That & his age would make me fancy Frampton.

Boycey

Jimmy Nesbitt drunk in the 2nd row with his norn iron jersey on was the most entertaining thing about the 1st half of the fight...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on February 28, 2016, 12:45:37 AM
Jimmy Nesbitt drunk in the 2nd row with his norn iron jersey on was the most entertaining thing about the 1st half of the fight...
Blocked!

bridgegael

Being reported that Quigg broken his jaw at end of fourth round. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bridgegael on February 28, 2016, 01:01:20 AM
He said himself in the post fight interview that his "jaw was gone".

nrico2006

Frampton is either in decline or something isn't right regarding the weight. His punches seem to lack power the past couple of fights and he is seriously fucked come the 9th or 10th round. Not impressive seeing the frequency and desperation of his holding attempts
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

guevara

Most talented fighter at any weight at present is GGG. Froch can sit and talk rubbish all Night on Sky about tactics etc. A poor George Groves put him on his arse and he will stay retired for fear that Golovkhin will destroy him inside 3 Rounds.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

amanda

Quote from: bridgegael on February 28, 2016, 01:01:20 AM

Don't know how, he didn't take his hands away from it to get hit.

I gave it 4 up to Frampton and I was trying not to mark it down as a home town scorer.

Hard to fight someone who's not interested in fighting.

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 28, 2016, 01:57:57 AM
Frampton is either in decline or something isn't right regarding the weight. His punches seem to lack power the past couple of fights and he is seriously fucked come the 9th or 10th round. Not impressive seeing the frequency and desperation of his holding attempts

He's now a two belt world champion and went to the other titlist's home, broke his fecking jaw and won handy. There's always one. Or two.

BennyHarp

Quote from: bennydorano on February 28, 2016, 12:36:18 AM
I was surprised so many people fancied Quigg to win tbh, the we are Engerland mentality probably more than anything else.

If Frampton V Rig happens, it happens in Belfast. That & his age would make me fancy Frampton.

Did you give your prediction pre fight? It's very easy to predict things after the event. I was massively disappointed by the fight, fair play to Frampton but he doesn't beat Rigo in my view! 
That was never a square ball!!

bridgegael

Quote from: guevara on February 28, 2016, 02:04:17 AM
Most talented fighter at any weight at present is GGG. Froch can sit and talk rubbish all Night on Sky about tactics etc. A poor George Groves put him on his arse and he will stay retired for fear that Golovkhin will destroy him inside 3 Rounds.

Whatever you think of froch,  one thing that can't be said about him is that he ducked opponents. He is near 40 and is retired and he should keep it that way.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

JoG2

Quote from: bridgegael on February 28, 2016, 07:48:32 AM
Quote from: guevara on February 28, 2016, 02:04:17 AM

Whatever you think of froch,  one thing that can't be said about him is that he ducked opponents. He is near 40 and is retired and he should keep it that way.

Agreed!  Was thinking about how much a fighter like Froch will be missed after watching that tepid affair last night.  Always produced great battles and ducked no one,  ever.  Groves may be an average enough fighter @ that level but he's strong.  He caught Froch flush with a punch of a lifetime.  Most fighters wouldn't have got up to the next day,  never mind have the heart to recover mid fight and win.  Then destroy him in the rematch. 

charlieTully

Some craic. The red hand of ulster waving proudly the Owc songs in full flow. Feck that shit. Feck tigers bay and all that comes out of it. Feck Jimmy nesbitt.