Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2016, 10:38:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2016, 10:20:19 PM
Most experts seem to agree that Quigg is the harder hit but Frampton a smarter fighter.

Looks like a 50/50. Neither fighter a top level boxer but the best there are on these shores.

No one at this weight in the world will be making close to what these guys will earn on Saturday....

Aye, same as the English Premier League.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2016, 10:39:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2016, 10:38:07 PM
Most experts seem to agree that Quigg is the harder hit but Frampton a smarter fighter.

Looks like a 50/50. Neither fighter a top level boxer but the best there are on these shores.

No one at this weight in the world will be making close to what these guys will earn on Saturday....

Aye, same as the English Premier League.

Agreed....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

A bit harsh saying neither are top level.  They are both at the top of their division.  The one man to fight both has said that Frampton hits harder.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Is the Frampton/Quigg weigh-in live on Sky Sports News?

TF15

Both fighters are top level boxers, ignorant statement. Whether they are the best at the weight remains to be seen.

Head on the block - Frampton (on points)

nrico2006

The more I think about it, the more I am siding with Frampton unless there is a weight issue which is going to affect him later in the fight.  Quiggs win against Martinez has him rated higher than he should be, Martinez made a major balls and left himself exposed and he duly got hit flush.  In saying that, Quiggs finishing looked to leave a lot to be desired as he was just throwing wild swings and missing with most of them.  I don't think his power is anything special either, Martinez wasn't that badly hurt considering the number of punches that were thrown his way, and ultimately it was the ref who stepped in. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 26, 2016, 11:40:58 AM
The more I think about it, the more I am siding with Frampton unless there is a weight issue which is going to affect him later in the fight.  Quiggs win against Martinez has him rated higher than he should be, Martinez made a major balls and left himself exposed and he duly got hit flush.  In saying that, Quiggs finishing looked to leave a lot to be desired as he was just throwing wild swings and missing with most of them.  I don't think his power is anything special either, Martinez wasn't that badly hurt considering the number of punches that were thrown his way, and ultimately it was the ref who stepped in.

The sign of a good fighter is that they expose any mistakes and taking out Kiko in that fashion should not be underestimated. As much as I want Frampton to win, I worry that Quigg is being seriously under-rated by most of Frampton's Irish followers, who seem happy to dismiss Quigg's impressive performance v Kiko, yet are quite happy to ignore Frampton's abject performance v Gonzalez. I'm really looking forward to it and although I will have a few pounds on a Quigg KO, I'd love to see Frampton turn in a performance that really lifts into the world class bracket.
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 26, 2016, 04:07:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 26, 2016, 11:40:58 AM

The sign of a good fighter is that they expose any mistakes and taking out Kiko in that fashion should not be underestimated. As much as I want Frampton to win, I worry that Quigg is being seriously under-rated by most of Frampton's Irish followers, who seem happy to dismiss Quigg's impressive performance v Kiko, yet are quite happy to ignore Frampton's abject performance v Gonzalez. I'm really looking forward to it and although I will have a few pounds on a Quigg KO, I'd love to see Frampton turn in a performance that really lifts into the world class bracket.

Both fighters in serious nick at the weigh-in. Frampton has huge support over as you'd expect.

StGallsGAA

Never realised quite how much of a knob-jockey Barry McGuigan was until I heard him on the radio over the whole dressing room thing claiming he had got inside Quigg's head. Complete tool.     Someone who lost his entire fortune because he didn't know the meaning of the 'literally' shouldn't attempt to play mind games with anyonr!

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 26, 2016, 09:48:46 PM
Never realised quite how much of a knob-jockey Barry McGuigan was until I heard him on the radio over the whole dressing room thing claiming he had got inside Quigg's head. Complete tool.     Someone who lost his entire fortune because he didn't know the meaning of the 'literally' shouldn't attempt to play mind games with anyonr!

He is a complete bollocks but was a tremendous boxer in his day.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaffer

Quote from: stew on February 27, 2016, 12:30:29 PM

Why is he a completed bollocks?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gaffer on February 27, 2016, 12:55:25 PM

he is a complete attention seeker, continually trying to steal the limelight. at the weigh-in he was acting like he was star of the show.
nil satis nisi optimum

Syferus

Never got the anti-Barry shore on here. There's far more obnoxious boxing promoters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on February 27, 2016, 02:32:00 PM
Never got the anti-Barry shore on here. There's far more obnoxious boxing promoters.

We wouldn't be Irish if we didn't hate our own  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 27, 2016, 01:09:43 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 27, 2016, 12:55:25 PM

he is a complete attention seeker, continually trying to steal the limelight. at the weigh-in he was acting like he was star of the show.

Don't accept that at all but you 're entitled to your opinion
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"