Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Hound on February 24, 2016, 10:07:12 AM
Was looking on the Manchester Arena website for details of undercard and timings, and saw that there are tickets still available. Surprised at how expensive they are. Range from £163 in Tier One to £523 for ringside. The cheaper Tier 2 seats are all gone, but that's a lot of money for an evening's entertainment.

£16.95 on Sky PPV is expensive for it  ;)

winghalfback

Will be in Monaghan town Saturday night I wonder will any of the fine establishments be showing the Frampton quigg fight

Atticus_Finch

The AIBA (world governing body) have announced that pro boxers will be able to compete in the Olympics and that changes will come into effect in time for this year's competition.

It's a big move and even though all contenders should have been selected at this stage, apparently it is down to each individual national federation on who they select to go forward.

I really can't see it having much of an impact in terms of the forthcoming competition.

In re Frampton vs Quigg - I expect the price to shorten on Quigg between now and fight night, I think anyone looking value on Frampton would be better served waiting to the night of the fight.  Expect Frampton to win but if it goes past 8 I think it will be that tight that a draw isn't out of the question.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

muppet

Dunno, I think it could be huge, if a little late for this Olympics: http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2016/0224/770533-aiba-president/

Any chance Rigondeaux would fight for us?  :D ;)
MWWSI 2017

gawa316

What time is the fight due to be on at?

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2016, 06:20:16 PM
Dunno, I think it could be huge, if a little late for this Olympics: http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2016/0224/770533-aiba-president/

No doubt about it's a big move, if it get fully implemented it's a game changer but what I was saying above is that I can't see it having much impact in terms of the forthcoming olympics. Too much has been invested in the fighters already selected to change much up at this stage.

Could see some interesting match ups down the line.  What's to stop Money Mayweather (who apparently doesn't care about money as much now) pursuing that Olympic gold he felt he was cheated out of ?

Ring walk - scheduled for 10.45.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 24, 2016, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2016, 06:20:16 PM

No doubt about it's a big move, if it get fully implemented it's a game changer but what I was saying above is that I can't see it having much impact in terms of the forthcoming olympics. Too much has been invested in the fighters already selected to change much up at this stage.

Could see some interesting match ups down the line.  What's to stop Money Mayweather (who apparently doesn't care about money as much now) pursuing that Olympic gold he felt he was cheated out of ?

Ring walk - scheduled for 10.45.

Did I not hear that anyone who had more than 15 paid pro fights is ineligible??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

The less than 15 pro bouts rule came in a couple of years back, it would rule out the majority of top pros although when I think about it someone like AJ couldn't have had that many fights.  As long as they signed a short term contract with the AIBA and had less than 15 paid bouts they were good.  That rule didn't have much of an impact as far as I know.  But the new proposals would abolish restrictions altogether.

stew

Quote from: NAG1 on February 24, 2016, 03:05:41 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 24, 2016, 10:07:12 AM
Was looking on the Manchester Arena website for details of undercard and timings, and saw that there are tickets still available. Surprised at how expensive they are. Range from £163 in Tier One to £523 for ringside. The cheaper Tier 2 seats are all gone, but that's a lot of money for an evening's entertainment.

£16.95 on Sky PPV is expensive for it  ;)

These skyboxes are some craic, ye can watch PPV events free, I know I will be watching it for free.  :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Atticus_Finch

I wouldn't be relying on one of those boxes to watch a Sky Box Office.  Reason I say that is as far as I know you are watching those boxes off the back of a cloned signal, so while there will be a lot of people that have sky sports packages only a fraction of those will get sky box office out on the night of the fight.  As a result for most sky sports box office events you will get really bad freezing to the extent it will be unwatchable.  That was my experience when tried to watch the Klitschko vs Fury fight at a mates, ended up watching it on a stream on the PC it was that bad.

Open to correction on the above, maybe someone who knows more about those boxes can advise ?

JimStynes

I've watched loads on Ppv recently including mayweather and pacquaio and it was perfect.

nrico2006

If you use the beast build on Kodi you will find mamahd which is brilliant and reliable for fights.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

I wonder if there is any truth in Frampton struggling to make the weight again.  I know they have a Saturday morning weight check scheduled too but apparently Quigg is looking massive in comparison to him at the minute, so hopefully its not true and doesn't affect him in the latter rounds. 

Exciting times ahead with this fight, McGregor next week, Joshua fighting for the IBF belt, Fury defending his belt and then you will have glass jaw v Alvarez and hopefully in the autumn we will get GGG v Alvarez and Kovalev v Ward or Stevenson.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Most experts seem to agree that Quigg is the harder hit but Frampton a smarter fighter.

Looks like a 50/50. Neither fighter a top level boxer but the best there are on these shores.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2016, 10:20:19 PM
Most experts seem to agree that Quigg is the harder hit but Frampton a smarter fighter.

Looks like a 50/50. Neither fighter a top level boxer but the best there are on these shores.

No one at this weight in the world will be making close to what these guys will earn on Saturday.... Draw rematch I believe..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea