Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Anyone know if the lee fight is on TV anywhere on the sky package?

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Itchy on December 19, 2015, 12:19:01 PM
Anyone know if the lee fight is on TV anywhere on the sky package?

just on the Boxnation channel

Itchy

JoG2

Very frustrating fight.  Lee done very well to come back after the 3rd but didn't do enough in the final rounds.  Caught him with a couple of decent big lefts but that was the height of it.  @ 37 I'm not sure were Lee goes from here. 

gallsman

37?!

Poor enough fight. Hard to disagree with decision. Best Lee deserved was probably a draw.

omaghjoe

Well Saunders won it on majority.

Was tight, with a similar pattern to the Quillin fight with Lee down twice early and came back strong to win many of the later rounds. Andy never managed to get a significant power punch off

Could have went the other way as handy but with the knockdowns youd have to say Saunders deserved the win.

omaghjoe

I seen that 37 come up for his age as well, its not right he is only 31

BennyHarp

Quote from: JoG2 on December 19, 2015, 11:18:23 PM
Very frustrating fight.  Lee done very well to come back after the 3rd but didn't do enough in the final rounds.  Caught him with a couple of decent big lefts but that was the height of it.  @ 37 I'm not sure were Lee goes from here.

Yeah, Lee was a bit disappointing in the sense that he just didn't seem to get going and seemed reluctant to let the big punches go. Though, fair play to him for surviving round 3. I'm never convinced about Saunders, he is decent but never very impressive and seems to struggle as a fight goes on. But fair play, he deserved that one but for me Eubank beats him all day long in any rematch.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 19, 2015, 11:23:57 PM
I seen that 37 come up for his age as well, its not right he is only 31

I raised an eyebrow alright.  Not so bad then. 

omaghjoe

On another note Ive heard them both called Irish Travellers????

And then the fight commenter said that they where both proud gypsies... :o WTF!

Itchy

Dunno how one of the judges scored it 115 to 111. I thought it was a point one way or the other. Lee wasn't aggressive enough for me.

Il Bomber Destro

Had Saunders by two, lots of very close rounds. In the context of the fight Lee was probably 4 points down after the 3rd round and didn't really start taking the fight to Saunders until the 9th and I think this had an impact on the judges, had the knockdowns not occured and the onus not having been on Lee to take it to Saunders I think he would have got the nod in some of those close rounds. He left it too late.

CiKe

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 19, 2015, 11:22:42 PM
Well Saunders won it on majority.

Was tight, with a similar pattern to the Quillin fight with Lee down twice early and came back strong to win many of the later rounds. Andy never managed to get a significant power punch off

Could have went the other way as handy but with the knockdowns youd have to say Saunders deserved the win.

IFirst four rounds i had split but obviously BJS was 2 up with the knockdowns.  Not sure how you could make an argument that BJS won any of the last 3 meaning in my book Dave  Paris must have given BJS rounds 5 thru 9 which I couldn't agree with.

Lee will be kicking himself as he should have won as BJS did nothing other than round 3 but for my money Lee should have gotten at least a draw.

God help either of them were they to fight GGG

Itchy

Is having 3 English judges on a fight with one of England's great hopes not a bit odd too. That said lee only has himself to blame really.