Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on November 28, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 28, 2015, 11:36:23 PM
Ach he's a f**king sc**bag and was lucky enough to fight a lad (Wlad :P) with too many miles on the clock. That division in dire straits if thon boy is considered amongst the top dogs.

Wlad was destroying everyone he faced up this fight. The age factor is nearly irrelevant to my eyes. His game was never about reactions or speed and most of his fights the last decade where far from testing or damaging. Huge upset.

Still think something was wrong with Klitschko the next few days will be interesting.

Tony will be happy anyway that a bastion of Catholic Conservatism is now Heavyweight Champion of the World!!

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2015, 11:48:01 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 28, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 28, 2015, 11:36:23 PM
Ach he's a f**king sc**bag and was lucky enough to fight a lad (Wlad :P) with too many miles on the clock. That division in dire straits if thon boy is considered amongst the top dogs.

Wlad was destroying everyone he faced up this fight. The age factor is nearly irrelevant to my eyes. His game was never about reactions or speed and most of his fights the last decade where far from testing or damaging. Huge upset.

Still think something was wrong with Klitschko the next few days will be interesting.

Tony will be happy anyway that a bastion of Catholic Conservatism is now Heavyweight Champion of the World!!

Boxers usually wheel out excuses after the fact. Always looks ludicrous. Few boxers enter big fights 100%.

ONeill

Thon heavyweight division has been crap since Lennox Lewis was king. Herbie Hide anyone?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JPGJOHNNYG

Missed the start of the fight what music did fury enter with. Usually something a bit different.

omaghjoe

:o :o :o :o

Haven't seen the fight yet but cant believe that result, nearly fell of my chair when I heard it.

Fair play to Fury, I mean you can say what you want about his character and antics, but its an amazing achievement

StGallsGAA

All of a sudden he's no longer from an Irish Travelling background but is a Mancunian Briton!

DuffleKing

Well GSTQ was his anthem pre fight so I presume he's of that view himself

BennyHarp

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 29, 2015, 10:33:18 PM

Did you see the fight? He showed GSTQ no respect whatsoever! He did also claim to be the first Irish Heavyweight champion of the world in the post fight press conference. In the press conference he also spoke at length about his Irish Traveller background.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

ONeill

DuffleKing

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 29, 2015, 10:53:04 PM

Did you see the fight? He showed GSTQ no respect whatsoever! He did also claim to be the first Irish Heavyweight champion of the world in the post fight press conference. In the press conference he also spoke at length about his Irish Traveller background.

Saw the fight. You're claiming he didnt nominate his own nationality and anthem? You think he sounds Irish?

Syferus

He mentioned British and Irish fans in his post-fight interview.

Only the people in the six counties get so hung up on an anthem. Like anyone with his background his alliegiences are mixed at best.

NetNitrate

Happy for him and it's a great story. But he should be called in the first Irish heavyweight stuff as John L Sullivan and Gene Tunney were both sons of Irish emigrant parents and were world heavyweight champions.

Syferus

Quote from: NetNitrate on November 30, 2015, 03:28:01 AM

Happy for him and it's a great story. But he should be called in the first Irish heavyweight stuff as John L Sullivan and Gene Tunney were both sons of Irish emigrant parents and were world heavyweight champions.

Peter Maher and Tom Sharkey have claims to have been heavyweight champion after James J. Corbett, both fully Irish.

Jack Dempsey having Irish heritage should be clear from the name too.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on November 30, 2015, 04:54:31 AM
Quote from: NetNitrate on November 30, 2015, 03:28:01 AM

Peter Maher and Tom Sharkey have claims to have been heavyweight champion after James J. Corbett, both fully Irish.

Jack Dempsey having Irish heritage should be clear from the name too.

Lets not forget Muhammad Ali