Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

I don't think the boxers such as conlan, barnes n ward get the credit they deserve. Their achievements competing on the world stage are fantastic and they should be recognised for this around the country

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on October 16, 2015, 06:05:59 AM
I don't think the boxers such as conlan, barnes n ward get the credit they deserve. Their achievements competing on the world stage are fantastic and they should be recognised for this around the country

They do but the money for sponsorship is rubbish.. They train like professionals so cant work ordinary jobs and still have to find funding every year with no guarantee of getting it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Declan

QuoteI don't think the boxers such as conlan, barnes n ward get the credit they deserve. Their achievements competing on the world stage are fantastic and they should be recognised for this around the country

+1 but then again they aren't as sexy as the rugger buggers ;)

NAG1

Quote from: An Watcher on October 16, 2015, 06:05:59 AM

If PB and MC were fighting say in an Irish Championship bouts (not against each other obviously) tonight what sort of crowd would they draw?

omaghjoe

Another GGG demo show tonight. PPV so obviously didn't watch it  :P

Fair play to Limeux for giving him the fight for his first defence, but he only ever had a punchers chance and it looks like from the punch landed stats he had barely any, frightening.....

Cotto Canelo winner will do well to sqwrim outta it now

bridgegael

GGG battered limeux from start to finish.  hardly took punch the whole fight.  serious operator.

eamon o kane was down twice in the first and did well to go the distance. he tried to stand and trade with his opponent but got bullied by gis strength. o kane took a serios of head shots. beat well on points
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ONeill

What's the story with the absence of headgear at the Worlds? Is it not compulsory for amateurs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

behind the wire

Belfast's Anthony Cacace won the Celtic Super Featherweight title in Edinburgh on Friday night.

Very little media coverage but this lad has serious talent. Won by 10th round knockout.

the whole fight can be seen on Cyclone YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdGB_BULdSA
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

macdanger2

Billy Walsh's resignation confirmed today. He'll be a big loss

HiMucker

Really looking forward to when GGG gets a big fight, ala Alvarez or Cotto. 

Seen Roman Gonzalez fight again, only seen him fight a handful of times but he is one of the best I have ever seen.  Serious operator, has it all, his footwork, movement, combinations, everything was top class.  Made a very good fighter look like a punch bag.

gallsman

Quote from: HiMucker on October 19, 2015, 03:40:19 PM
Really looking forward to when GGG gets a big fight, ala Alvarez or Cotto. 

Seen Roman Gonzalez fight again, only seen him fight a handful of times but he is one of the best I have ever seen.  Serious operator, has it all, his footwork, movement, combinations, everything was top class.  Made a very good fighter look like a punch bag.

Chocolatito is outstanding. Deserves so much more credit than flyweight allows him.

SHEEDY

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 19, 2015, 01:16:58 PM
massive loss. surely this shouldnt have been allowed to happen.
nil satis nisi optimum

Syferus

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 19, 2015, 06:51:46 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 19, 2015, 01:16:58 PM
massive loss. surely this shouldnt have been allowed to happen.

Whole thing is a shit show. It was common knowledge after London that Walsh was likely to leave unless the IABA copped on but it looks like they couldn't escape their miopic self-interest and they've forced one of the best boxing coaches in the world out of his own country.

Very afraid Walsh will turn around and poach half the coaches we still have now. They have to tie down Zaur Antia as the permanent head coach or this is only getting worse.

Main Street

The IABA Joe Christle  had all the pugilistic grace of a bull in a china shop in the interview rte sports 11am  or here  http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2015/1023/736948-iaba-we-offered-billy-walsh-all-he-asked-for/ After agreeing that Billy left for non financial reasons and all involved state state that Billy left for non financial reasons,
at 7mins 30sec   dimwit Christle  couldn't resist throwing mud at Billy,
he quoted Billy as saying in a private conversation " I asked for crazy money and they came back (on sat or sunday) and agreed to it, I really don't want to leave, what can do for me now?" Pretty much directly claimed that Billy left for the cash.

CiKe

Have just seen Spike O'Sullivan is next up for Eubank Jr. Eubank is brash but for some reason I never disliked his da as much as I thought I would and see O'Sullivan is getting involved in all the trash talk. Judging by Boxrec, doesn't seem like he has beaten anyone and Saunders boxed the ears off him if the scores reflect the fight. Does he have a chance?