Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Fury will be some craic on twitter now.

BennyHarp

I feel a bit sorry for Fury. He's a complete bell end but he's good value and is genuinely up for a fight with anyone. The man is a professional fighter and now 3 massive fights have been lost through opponents pulling out. His career has been pretty much stop start for about 3 years now due to Haye and now Klitchko withdrawal. I hope he finally gets his chance at Wlad and knocks him out.
That was never a square ball!!

STREET FIGHTER

Surely Wlad is injured....

Shame as I thought it could have been a good scrap but lesser men than Wlad have had big Tyson shook.....

gallsman

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 25, 2015, 08:32:26 PM

Shame as I thought it could have been a good scrap but lesser men than Wlad have had big Tyson shook.....

True, but lesser men than Fury have had Wlad flat on his back too.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman on September 25, 2015, 11:08:38 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 25, 2015, 08:32:26 PM

True, but lesser men than Fury have had Wlad flat on his back too.

No doubt.....

Was looking forward to it.....

Will it ever happen?

Big Tyson starting to run out of opponents.....

imtommygunn

Michael Conlon gold a world amateurs.

First ever irish gold.

muppet

Bravo Michael Conlon. Great achievement. Hard to believe he is still only 23.
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

Absolutely brilliant achievement.  Wonder will he turn pro after Rio?

nrico2006

I think him and Barnes are both turning pro after Rio.  Was Barnes injured for the World Championships?  Can't believe its two years already since the last one, can remember watching Quigley and Wards finals as clear as day.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 15, 2015, 09:00:19 AM
I think him and Barnes are both turning pro after Rio.  Was Barnes injured for the World Championships?  Can't believe its two years already since the last one, can remember watching Quigley and Wards finals as clear as day.

Will Barnes not struggle to get good money fights if he turns pro at that weight? what age is he now?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2015, 09:08:42 AM

Will Barnes not struggle to get good money fights if he turns pro at that weight? what age is he now?

Aye, the money apparently isn't going to be great and he must be close to 30. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2015, 09:10:34 PM
Absolutely brilliant achievement.  Wonder will he turn pro after Rio?

Will Eddie Hearne snap him up?

gallsman

Ward didn't make a final.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2015, 05:39:58 PM

Ward didn't make a final.

He's corrected that.  Lost on a unanimous decision to a Cuban this evening

omaghjoe

Golovkin Lemieux this Saturday potential to be a cracker

I see Eammon O'Kane is on the undercard, seemingly a big step up in class for him and a few jornos writing him off. I dont know much about the other guy other than he should have beaten Curtis Stevens