Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

some good wins for the local lads so far - looks like Conrad has really tightened up his game.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Syferus

DuffleKing

Two knock downs means a 10-7 round?

Syferus

What the holy hell was that first round about.

tyroneboi

This is a nightmare from frampton! And quigg won in 2 rounds!

beer baron

This is turning into a hell of a fight. Hopefully come out the right side of it,can't chase too much,thi boys countering pretty well when he tries get in close.

BennyHarp

This is much tougher than anyone imagined.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: beer baron on July 18, 2015, 10:27:20 PM
This is turning into a hell of a fight. Hopefully come out the right side of it,can't chase too much,thi boys countering pretty well when he tries get in close.

Wouldn't give Gonzalez anything but the first round. Made him seem better than he is. Hometown decisions though, so Frampton better keep it up.

gallsman

Frampton up by three in my book with two to go. Gave Gonzalez the second and ninth in addition to the 10-7. He should be docked another point though.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2015, 10:51:51 PM
Frampton up by three in my book with two to go. Gave Gonzalez the second and ninth in addition to the 10-7. He should be docked another point though.

About f**king time!

Atticus_Finch

Frampton showed great character and composure to come back from that nightmare of a first round.

Biggest winner of the night is Eddie Hearn. His bargaining power to make Frampton vs Quigg happen on matchroom's terms looking a whole lot healthier after tonight's proceedings.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

tyroneboi

Talking now about moving up in weight? What does that mean for Quigg fight?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 18, 2015, 11:09:59 PM
Frampton showed great character and composure to come back from that nightmare of a first round.

Biggest winner of the night is Eddie Hearn. His bargaining power to make Frampton vs Quigg happen on matchroom's terms looking a whole lot healthier after tonight's proceedings.

Certainly makes Quigg fight more interesting because before tonight I wouldn't have given Quigg a chance.

Carl needs to reign in those excuses - soft canvas, weight issues?
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

I dunno if I buy that chat about weight. If he had to cut drastically the last few days, it'd be down to poor management rather than biology. I don't think he wants any part of featherweight at the minute. Walters would look like an absolute monster beside him.

Syferus

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 18, 2015, 11:09:59 PM

Doubt it highly. Framps fought a tough Mexican in borderland USA on a canvas clearly designed for Chavez Jr. - he pull the exact same BS in the Andy Lee fight. Quigg had the royal treatment at home. The pace on a proper canvas in Manchester was a world away. Kiko is exciting but so fecking full of holes it isn't funny.

McGuigan will be no more receptive to hardball by Hearn now that his fighter has a profile in the States.