Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2015, 11:43:11 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2015, 11:36:14 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2015, 10:32:33 AM
Joshua to fight Whyte next, about time he challenges someone other than a punchbag.

Not that he was special, but nobody ever stopped Kevin Johnson until AJ blew him away.

On paper it's impressive to stop him, but from any of the fights I have saw of Johnson recently, and especially in the Joshua one, there was no offensive threat whatsoever.  I don't buy into the hype with Joshua, got a few very lucky decisions at the Olympics and so far has fought a lot of chumps.  Glad to the calibre of opponent increase, Whyte will not sit back and hopefully see him challenge the like of David Price in the near future too.

Agree with this but still think he'll end up at the top.........

TF15

Did I just read Klitschko was poor technically? WOW. That's the most ignorant comment I've read on this site in quite some time. He is a supreme technician. Superb jab and defence and is a top 10 HW ever for me.

JimStynes

Rigondeaux V Lomachenko nearly finalised apparently! Two of the best boxers in the business.

BennyHarp

Carl Froch retires. Much as he was a twat outside of the ring, he was a proper warrior inside. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/33516495
That was never a square ball!!

CiKe

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2015, 09:40:05 AM
Carl Froch retires. Much as he was a twat outside of the ring, he was a proper warrior inside. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/33516495

Damn, wanted to see him against GGG.

Never ducked anyone and off top of my head don't recall him taking many easy options at all.

stew

Quote from: ludermor on July 07, 2015, 09:58:43 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2015, 09:31:51 AM
It will be interesting to see Klitschko not enjoy the physical advantages over Fury that he does over every other fighter he has fought.  Klitschko is nothing special in the grand scheme of things, he won't be able to hide behind his jab against Fury either and will never have faced anybody with the unpredictability of Fury.  I can see Fury winning this.
WTF ? What does he have to do to be something special????

Klitschko is a special boxer, what the hell can he do if the standard of opponents he faces are substandard, thats not his fault, him and the brother are the best in the world at what they do, that makes them special in the way the Joker is the best at tennis or McIlroy is the best in golf!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyHarp

So Mayweather looks like he is going to fight Berto in his "final" fight. Hardly sets the pulse racing and really highlights how frustrating the matchmaking has become in boxing. http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/21149-source-mayweather-will-fight-berto-on-cbs

stew

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 15, 2015, 10:03:55 AM
So Mayweather looks like he is going to fight Berto in his "final" fight. Hardly sets the pulse racing and really highlights how frustrating the matchmaking has become in boxing. http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/21149-source-mayweather-will-fight-berto-on-cbs

I wont miss Mayweather, he is a blight on the sport but he will fight again after he saunters through this next one.

I just watched round one this morning of Hagler Hearns, one of the best rounds of boxing ever.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyHarp

So David Price spectacularly sparked out again tonight in round 2. The fella just can't survive a big punch. End of the road for him I'd imagine.

An Watcher

Folks, what time is Frampton on the tv tonight?  It's not 3 in the morning is it?

gallsman

Quote from: An Watcher on July 18, 2015, 07:23:27 AM
Folks, what time is Frampton on the tv tonight?  It's not 3 in the morning is it?

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 17, 2015, 11:14:05 PM
So David Price spectacularly sparked out again tonight in round 2. The fella just can't survive a big punch. End of the road for him I'd imagine.

Time to give it up or he'll go the way of Maccarinelli. Fella he was fighting didn't look to be in, eh, tip top condition either.

Milltown Row2

They are having two separate bills.... Afternoon fights then the main event with Chavez junior on ppv later that night.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2015, 08:49:58 AM

They are having two separate bills.... Afternoon fights then the main event with Chavez junior on ppv later that night.....

Did I read somewhere that Chavez didn't make weight? This seems to be happening a lot recently.

Big night of boxing with Frampton fighting and Quigg and Crolla in big fights too. Decent fight between Abrham and Stigliez too. Preceded by 3 live GAA games, it's a decent day/night on the box!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2015, 10:08:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2015, 08:49:58 AM

Did I read somewhere that Chavez didn't make weight? This seems to be happening a lot recently.

Big night of boxing with Frampton fighting and Quigg and Crolla in big fights too. Decent fight between Abrham and Stigliez too. Preceded by 3 live GAA games, it's a decent day/night on the box!!

I think Quigg will lose tonight and Carl's fight will be awkward for a bit but Carl looks the stronger looking fighter so should come out on top... 5/6 rounds though he's looking an earlier knockout
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bridgegael

Did chavez miss the weight??  thats 3 fighters in he last 3months i caionn think off.  All on the PBC
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"