Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: JoG2 on July 06, 2015, 08:15:14 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 06, 2015, 08:10:32 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 06, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 06, 2015, 07:22:18 PM
Fury vs Klitschko confirmed for October

Fury any chance?

Fury has a punchers chance but Klitschko will box the lugs off him and win on a wide points margin.

Lesser men have floored big Tyson. It's his moment in the sun but there's a huge gulf between the 2

There is a huge gulf but I just don't think Klitschko will be taking at risks at this stage of his career and will stay behind his jab. Tyson has plenty of awkward ability but he just doesn't look like he is ever in proper shape. I seen on Twitter, his coach Peter Fury, last week, praising the work Tyson was doing in training saying he was on schedule to lose 2 stone in two weeks hot weather training. That's just mental if that's how he goes about preparing for a fight he's known about for quite a while. Though it's probably all bullshit...
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

It will be interesting to see Klitschko not enjoy the physical advantages over Fury that he does over every other fighter he has fought.  Klitschko is nothing special in the grand scheme of things, he won't be able to hide behind his jab against Fury either and will never have faced anybody with the unpredictability of Fury.  I can see Fury winning this.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2015, 09:31:51 AM
It will be interesting to see Klitschko not enjoy the physical advantages over Fury that he does over every other fighter he has fought.  Klitschko is nothing special in the grand scheme of things, he won't be able to hide behind his jab against Fury either and will never have faced anybody with the unpredictability of Fury.  I can see Fury winning this.

Fury is a huge man, but is a fairly poor operator in the ring imo. The heavyweight division has been so poor for a long time. The Klitschko's have dominated the heavyweight division during the worst period in the division's history.  They wouldn't have during any decent period.  Fury wont buck the trend. (Lennox Lewis was a bluffer too during this period...just wanted to add that bit  :) )

gallsman

Absolute rubbish.

ludermor

WTF ? What does he have to do to be something special????

STREET FIGHTER

Suppose its not Klitschko's fault that there has been no real challenges...

Agree with the previous comment that lesser men have made Big Tyson wobble.

Anybody ever do the same to the Klitschko's...

Remember the Haye fight being a walk in the park for one of the bro's....

screenexile

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 07, 2015, 10:34:00 AM
Suppose its not Klitschko's fault that there has been no real challenges...

Agree with the previous comment that lesser men have made Big Tyson wobble.

Anybody ever do the same to the Klitschko's...

Remember the Haye fight being a walk in the park for one of the bro's....

Eh sure that didn't count as Haye was injured . . .

nrico2006

If you strip away his physical advantages over his opponents (which wouldn't/couldn't happen in any other division) he is nothing special from a technical perspective.  Not his fault obviously, but how would he fare if he was fighting people his size on a frequent basis and not men far smaller than him?   

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Technically he's very good. Great jab and defense. The problem is it's horribly boring to watch. He also has a glass jaw, which is what you should have picked on if you wanted to criticise him.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2015, 01:20:37 PM
Technically he's very good. Great jab and defense. The problem is it's horribly boring to watch. He also has a glass jaw, which is what you should have picked on if you wanted to criticise him.

He is boring to watch because he is fighting men far smaller than him.  The same applies to the jab, it looks great because he is jabbing away at someone who can't get near him due to his reach and height advantages.  How good his jab is will be seen against someone of similar size, i.e. Fury.

ludermor

You really should read this article
http://www.heavyweightblog.com/3369/vitali-klitschko-outsizes-opponents

and this from Wiki ( i know , i know)
Overall, he is the second longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time and has the second most successful title defenses total of any heavyweight boxer with 23 (including his "super" title recognition), behind just Joe Louis (25) and ahead of Larry Holmes (20) and Muhammad Ali (19). He currently has 18 consecutive title defenses, behind Joe Louis's 25 consecutive title defenses and Larry Holmes's 20 consecutive title defenses. On October 13, 2013, Boxrec rated Klitschko as the number two pound-for-pound fighter in the world. On 15 November 2014, he reached a career peak of number two on the pound-for-pound list of The Ring. Klitschko is tied on the all-time list for most heavyweight title fights with Joe Louis as they both have appeared in 27 heavyweight title fights.

nrico2006

Joshua to fight Whyte next, about time he challenges someone other than a punchbag.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2015, 10:32:33 AM
Joshua to fight Whyte next, about time he challenges someone other than a punchbag.

Not that he was special, but nobody ever stopped Kevin Johnson until AJ blew him away.

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2015, 11:36:14 AM

Not that he was special, but nobody ever stopped Kevin Johnson until AJ blew him away.

On paper it's impressive to stop him, but from any of the fights I have saw of Johnson recently, and especially in the Joshua one, there was no offensive threat whatsoever.  I don't buy into the hype with Joshua, got a few very lucky decisions at the Olympics and so far has fought a lot of chumps.  Glad to the calibre of opponent increase, Whyte will not sit back and hopefully see him challenge the like of David Price in the near future too.

ludermor

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2015, 11:43:11 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2015, 11:36:14 AM

On paper it's impressive to stop him, but from any of the fights I have saw of Johnson recently, and especially in the Joshua one, there was no offensive threat whatsoever.  I don't buy into the hype with Joshua, got a few very lucky decisions at the Olympics and so far has fought a lot of chumps.  Glad to the calibre of opponent increase, Whyte will not sit back and hopefully see him challenge the like of David Price in the near future too.

f**k you have high standards.
He turned pro in May 2013 and since then he has fought 13 times which is not bad going in just over 2 years. Of course he is going to bedded in easy at the start, he would be an absolute idiot to fight high quality straight away.