Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 19, 2015, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2015, 07:20:02 AM
Whether a GGG fight happens or not, suggesting Cotto is too cowardly to face him is bizarre. Cotto is tough as nails, had been in some absolute wars and never ducked anyone.

Eh? he's just after ducking Canelo!
And he will only make the fight now that he is being given a mandatory defence against Golovkin as his other option.

Cotto-Canelo is supposedly done for the autumn, assuming Cotto beats Geale.

Judah, Mosley, Clottey, Margarito, Pacman, Floyd, Martinez. That's a pretty star studded list of fights. Suggesting he's a ducker is laughable.

So why hasnt he made the fight or even suggested that it could happen in the future?

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 19, 2015, 04:14:40 PMSo why hasnt he made the fight or even suggested that it could happen in the future?

Any number of reasons. Like most of the time in boxing, money. Just because a fight doesn't happen ASAP doesn't mean one fighter is ducking the other.

Have just seen the Chocolatito Gonzalez fight on BT Sport. The guy is sensational. Sosa threw some really good, solid punches but he got absolutely annihilated.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2015, 08:55:20 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 19, 2015, 04:14:40 PMSo why hasnt he made the fight or even suggested that it could happen in the future?

Any number of reasons. Like most of the time in boxing, money. Just because a fight doesn't happen ASAP doesn't mean one fighter is ducking the other.

Have just seen the Chocolatito Gonzalez fight on BT Sport. The guy is sensational. Sosa threw some really good, solid punches but he got absolutely annihilated.

If its about money then why is he taking the Geale fight? And not the mandatory challenger GGG whom he has to fight and would more money in the process?

First time i seen Gonzalez very impressive, no doubt him and GGG are the 2 most exciting (and probably best) boxers around at the moment. Notable inclusions would be Kovalev and Rigondeaux

omaghjoe

Well it looks like Froch is gonna step up to the GGG plate with a fight in Wembley

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/carl-froch-talks-gennady-golovkin-5738474

Gotta respect Froch he is game for pretty much anything

Syferus

Only after the Chavez fight fell through in fairness.

Froch will be torn apart.

nrico2006

Froch GGG would be amazing.  Used to like Froch years ago, but made a tube of himself the past few years and still cringing at his Mayweather interview.  GGG would knock him out pretty early.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 22, 2015, 08:19:41 AM
Froch GGG would be amazing.  Used to like Froch years ago, but made a tube of himself the past few years and still cringing at his Mayweather interview.  GGG would knock him out pretty early.

The only way Froch can win this is in a Benn v McClellan style war and (a big) if we find out that Golovkin doesn't quite fancy the war. I really would fear that it could be just as brutal.
That was never a square ball!!

oakleaflad

Lads I would have GGG as a favorite here but not overwhelmingly so. I think some of you are underestimating just how naturally bigger Froch is compared to him. GGG won't have faced anyone who punches anywhere near as hard as Froch.

Syferus

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 22, 2015, 12:04:23 PM
Lads I would have GGG as a favorite here but not overwhelmingly so. I think some of you are underestimating just how naturally bigger Froch is compared to him. GGG won't have faced anyone who punches anywhere near as hard as Froch.

Or is as wide open since he was U10..

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2015, 12:22:07 PM

Exactly.  Froch isn't going to change, he won't come with a plan to try and fight on the back foot or try and dance around the ring, he will go straight for Golovkin and Froch will be a sitting duck.  This fight wouldn't go by the 8th round.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 22, 2015, 01:59:41 PM

Exactly.  Froch isn't going to change, he won't come with a plan to try and fight on the back foot or try and dance around the ring, he will go straight for Golovkin and Froch will be a sitting duck.  This fight wouldn't go by the 8th round.

But it could be a hell of an eight rounds
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

It would tear strips of MAY/PAQ anyways!!

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on May 22, 2015, 02:16:22 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

It would tear strips of MAY/PAQ anyways!!
Exactly. I'd pay to watch it. I did say I'd have Golovkin favorite but it should be the best scrap he's been in yet and good to watch.

gallsman

Yeah, 'cos Froch has been really easy to knock out his whole career, hasn't he?

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on May 22, 2015, 02:40:57 PM

Yeah, 'cos Froch has been really easy to knock out his whole career, hasn't he?

No he hasn't but he will be coming forward against the hardest puncher he will ever face.  Lesser punchers than GGG have wobbled him too.