Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Read on Twitter it's due to be between 3.30 and 4am
That was never a square ball!!

HiMucker

Ah Jesus a bit late then.  Cheers Benny

omaghjoe

Feckin missed it! Thought it was on later

Oh well not like there was gonna be any surprises on the cards I can watch it later

BennyHarp

Golovkin's problem will be trying to get someone to fight him.
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Carl will have a tough fight on the same night Quigg fights... Fighting in New York
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 17, 2015, 09:59:54 AM
He called out Cotto or Alvarez last night. I'd love to see him and Alvarez scrap! If he went down to 154 I reckon Mayweather would beat him easy enough. In similar style to the Mayweather Alvarez fight. He takes too many shots at the minute, someone good is bound to beat him. He's like a terminator at the minute just walking through punches to knock his man out.

omaghjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on May 17, 2015, 03:02:03 PM
He called out Cotto or Alvarez last night. I'd love to see him and Alvarez scrap! If he went down to 154 I reckon Mayweather would beat him easy enough. In similar style to the Mayweather Alvarez fight. He takes too many shots at the minute, someone good is bound to beat him. He's like a terminator at the minute just walking through punches to knock his man out.

Thats hilarious

HiMucker

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 17, 2015, 05:48:55 PM

Thats hilarious
Aye crazy.  Mayweather would be nuts to take the fight.  I actually agree with may weather sr on not taking that fight.  Weight divisions are there for a reason and Floyd would be giving away to much even with GGG coming down.  Still love to see him sparked out all the same.  Agree also with someone else who mentioned on here that GGG defence is actually a lot better but he just doesn't need to use it.  Really looking forward to seeing him in a big bout.

omaghjoe

Quote from: HiMucker on May 17, 2015, 09:50:08 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 17, 2015, 05:48:55 PM

Thats hilarious
Aye crazy.  Mayweather would be nuts to take the fight.  I actually agree with may weather sr on not taking that fight.  Weight divisions are there for a reason and Floyd would be giving away to much even with GGG coming down.  Still love to see him sparked out all the same.  Agree also with someone else who mentioned on here that GGG defence is actually a lot better but he just doesn't need to use it.  Really looking forward to seeing him in a big bout.

Yeah its true he would be giving away too much although I think that Golovkin could make light middle no problem.

The Golovkin situation in the middle weight division is now at a farcical level, the fight could have been over in the 2nd last night only Golovkin wanted to have a bit of a fight and gave Munroe a couple of free shots in the 4th that he basically laughed at. He was basically toying with him. The caliber of boxer he is facing is not high enough. If the governing bodies cannot make an A list boxer (Canelo, Cotto, Ward even Mayweather) get in a ring with this guy they are failing the fans and failing the sport especially after the Mayweather Pacqiuo let down

gallsman

Ward doesn't fight in the same division, nor do Canelo or Mayweather. Cotto is the only one he could be made mandatory for.

GGG has said he wants them. Let's see what happens.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on May 18, 2015, 06:25:11 AM
Ward doesn't fight in the same division, nor do Canelo or Mayweather. Cotto is the only one he could be made mandatory for.

GGG has said he wants them. Let's see what happens.

He is mandatory for Cotto within the year but it looks like they are gonna let him wriggle out of it if he makes the Canelo fight with a written agreement for the winner to fight Golovkin.

It'll be a handy way out for Cotto cause he will probably loss the Canelo fight putting up a good show and then he will be able to move back down a division without the embarrassment of a total pounding by GGG or a belt vacate. This would then probably set himself up for another Mayweather fight which he would be certain to lose with only a few jabs to the face but a big pay day and then he would call it quits.

gallsman

Whether a GGG fight happens or not, suggesting Cotto is too cowardly to face him is bizarre. Cotto is tough as nails, had been in some absolute wars and never ducked anyone.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2015, 07:20:02 AM
Whether a GGG fight happens or not, suggesting Cotto is too cowardly to face him is bizarre. Cotto is tough as nails, had been in some absolute wars and never ducked anyone.

Eh? he's just after ducking Canelo!
And he will only make the fight now that he is being given a mandatory defence against Golovkin as his other option.

longballin

Canelo GGG wont be happening for a while yet. This will be the next big two. IMO no one beats GGG at any weight.

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 19, 2015, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2015, 07:20:02 AM

Eh? he's just after ducking Canelo!
And he will only make the fight now that he is being given a mandatory defence against Golovkin as his other option.

Cotto-Canelo is supposedly done for the autumn, assuming Cotto beats Geale.

Judah, Mosley, Clottey, Margarito, Pacman, Floyd, Martinez. That's a pretty star studded list of fights. Suggesting he's a ducker is laughable.