Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on March 01, 2015, 12:35:08 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 01, 2015, 12:21:22 AM
Frampton is clearly improving. If he beats Quigg (and I think he should) he shouldn't be fearing the 34 year-old Cuban, who would probably be willing to come to Belfast.

What do you not like about Quigg?

It's more to do with what I like about Frampton.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 28, 2015, 11:46:50 PM
Barry & the son seem like a pair of cocks

You know them?  Typical response from you, expect nothing else from a bigot

Carl and McGuigan have put a serious amount of effort into promoting boxing in Belfast, N.Ireland and Ireland as a whole, Carl is getting what he deserves, the effort he's put in has been tremendous, being away from home for 3 months training and being as discipline as he has been is paying big rewards for him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2015, 01:00:38 AM

Carl and McGuigan have put a serious amount of effort into promoting boxing in Belfast, N.Ireland and Ireland as a whole, Carl is getting what he deserves, the effort he's put in has been tremendous, being away from home for 3 months training and being as discipline as he has been is paying big rewards for him
You should get pom-poms as Frampton's biggest cheerleader. Nice of you to recognise NI and the rest of Ireland as 2 separate entities. Partitionist.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2015, 01:17:41 AM

You should get pom-poms as Frampton's biggest cheerleader. Nice of you to recognise NI and the rest of Ireland as 2 separate entities. Partitionist.

Don't be such a p***k, I've known Carl since he was 10, been to a lot of his amateur fights when he was you and all his professional fights, he's been a proper gent in all he's interviews. as for being his biggest supporter, there was 16 thousand at his fight with Kiko and 9000 tonight giving him plenty of support also.

Your reason for not supporting him are?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2015, 01:17:41 AM

Nice of you to recognise NI and the rest of Ireland as 2 separate entities. Partitionist.

I didn't create partition, it was already here before I was born, unfortunately that's the way it is, if you have a problem with that take it up with someone who can change it. Your wife has no problem taking public money

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:42:52 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:18:04 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:15:19 AM
Cracking fight, excellent stoppage, but Frampton still managed to ship a lot of punches from a limited, albeit very game, opponent.

Doesn't matter what McGuigan says, Rigo is the divisional king and I think Carl has a bit to go yet before stepping in ring with that kind of quality.

Did you see Rigondeaux's last fight? Did he really look that impressive whilst getting tumbled twice?

You mean the one he travelled to Japan for, came back from the above and ended up winning?

And got put down twice? Showed enough weaknesses to suggest he is beatable. It doesn't matter what country he travelled to, he was still getting punched which is your crititicism of Frampton and in my view he is good but not the undisputable number one that seems to be the standard comment in this division.

Rigo beat "the man" in the division. Comprehensively. I like Frampton a lot but I don't think he's come anywhere close to being in the ring with an operator like Rigo or Donaire

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 01:56:40 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:42:52 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:18:04 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:15:19 AM
Cracking fight, excellent stoppage, but Frampton still managed to ship a lot of punches from a limited, albeit very game, opponent.

Doesn't matter what McGuigan says, Rigo is the divisional king and I think Carl has a bit to go yet before stepping in ring with that kind of quality.

Did you see Rigondeaux's last fight? Did he really look that impressive whilst getting tumbled twice?

You mean the one he travelled to Japan for, came back from the above and ended up winning?

And got put down twice? Showed enough weaknesses to suggest he is beatable. It doesn't matter what country he travelled to, he was still getting punched which is your crititicism of Frampton and in my view he is good but not the undisputable number one that seems to be the standard comment in this division.

Rigo beat "the man" in the division. Comprehensively. I like Frampton a lot but I don't think he's come anywhere close to being in the ring with an operator like Rigo or Donaire

I'd agree with that... Maybe 18 month's down the line in Vegas that might happen.. But Carl should be sensible enough not to kill the cash cow too early..

gallsman

Donaire obviously fallen a lot since the Rigo fight but attempt there was to illustrate the difference in class right now.

Kidder81

Looks like Milltown Row 2 was on the juice last night with his incoherent ranting

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 01, 2015, 08:29:38 AM
Looks like Milltown Row 2 was on the juice last night with his incoherent ranting

You're still a WUM with nothing of note to talk about. Troll springs to mind

Tony Baloney

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2015, 08:59:51 AM
MR2  :D

Sure that's the easy way out.... We could post that all day in these threads, I've done it myself many times. I thought you'd a bit of intelligence

Tony Baloney

Like shooting fish in a barrel. You always falls for the cheerleader jibe whether it be Frampton or McIlroy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2015, 09:07:03 AM
Like shooting fish in a barrel. You always falls for the cheerleader jibe whether it be Frampton or McIlroy.

Again thought you'd more sense. Bring something constructive to the debate

bridgegael

Anyonr see eubank jr fight.  He is getting better everytime  i.see him.  Could be a real contender in middleweight in the next few years.  His dad is still seeking his limelight though
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"