Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Frampton is next week.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on February 20, 2015, 11:22:27 AM
Frampton is next week.

2 great Saturday nights viewing then

nrico2006

Looking forward to the GGG and Frampton fights.  Would love to see GGG v Mayweather, Ward or Froch. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
Looking forward to the GGG and Frampton fights.  Would love to see GGG v Mayweather, Ward or Froch. 
GGG vs Ward is the only possibility, the other 2 won't happen.

nrico2006

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 20, 2015, 01:16:31 PM

My thinking too, Froch is only after a fight that he will win (Chavez Jr) and Mayweather won't go near him.  GGG is the biggest threat to Mayweather, not Pacquaio.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

MWWSI 2017

oakleaflad

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2015, 01:22:52 PM

My thinking too, Froch is only after a fight that he will win (Chavez Jr) and Mayweather won't go near him.  GGG is the biggest threat to Mayweather, not Pacquaio.
Yeah agree with all that, especially Froch. GGG is a much bigger man than Mayweather though and it is borderline if you could even expect him to fight someone so much bigger (I think a lot of people just want to see Mayweather lose). Anyway more likely GGG moves up or there is a catchweight to face Ward.
Call me crazy as well and I don't like the man but Amir Khan with the right gameplan could cause Mayweather trouble too based on his speed/size alone.

oakleaflad

Quote from: muppet on February 20, 2015, 01:37:28 PM
What do the aficionados make of this analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIev0bGrkM4&spfreload=10
I've seen this video before, was it on here? It's a good tactical breakdown of Lee's gameplan but I don't think Andy was as in control as the video makes out. Tactically spot on though (the back foot stance, counter punches etc.)

STREET FIGHTER

GGG is to big of a risk for any of them!

gallsman

Froch is after the biggest payday possible and if that means a showdown with GGG in Vegas, he'd take it. Froch has never ducked anyone, believes he can beat anyone and has always been prepared to travel and I can't see him changing those habits now.

muppet

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 20, 2015, 01:54:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 20, 2015, 01:37:28 PM
What do the aficionados make of this analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIev0bGrkM4&spfreload=10
I've seen this video before, was it on here? It's a good tactical breakdown of Lee's gameplan but I don't think Andy was as in control as the video makes out. Tactically spot on though (the back foot stance, counter punches etc.)

Dunno much about boxing but the obvious flaw is that Lee wasn't impressing the judges at all. If that really was the gameplay then fair enough, it demonstrates that very well. But it is hard to believe he would happily go way behind by losing so many rounds early on in the hope of a stoppage.
MWWSI 2017

beer baron

Pacquiao's confirmed the May weather fight goes ahead. Pity it wasn't a few years back but should still be good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: beer baron on February 20, 2015, 11:39:49 PM
Pacquiao's confirmed the May weather fight goes ahead. Pity it wasn't a few years back but should still be good.
2nd May. Dunno if it will be much use.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2015, 11:55:17 PM

Ah I can't wait for this, may be a few years too late but it will be some show. I'd imagine Sky will have it on ppv.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 21, 2015, 12:03:45 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2015, 11:55:17 PM

Ah I can't wait for this, may be a few years too late but it will be some show. I'd imagine Sky will have it on ppv.

Or BoxNation, which would be a bollox for a lot of people in the south. Will go to the highest bidder I imagine.