Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Stay away from GGG, Andy.

Take the fight after a few winnable title defences for the pay-day. That's the only time he should even consider it.

amanda

No way should he go up a weight, not against G.anyway.

gallsman

Quote from: amanda on December 15, 2014, 09:53:35 AM
No way should he go up a weight, not against G.anyway.

GGG fights at middleweight - Lee's weight.

JoG2

yer man Golovkin, has he fought anyone of real worth yet? Plenty of knockouts but no big hitters listed. Is he the new William Wallace? 7 foot tall and all that

nrico2006

GGG is unbeatable. 

Anybody know what has happened Luis Garcia, I remember him signing a big US promotional deal but he hasnt fought in 3 years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DennistheMenace

Quote from: JoG2 on December 15, 2014, 12:29:42 PM
yer man Golovkin, has he fought anyone of real worth yet? Plenty of knockouts but no big hitters listed. Is he the new William Wallace? 7 foot tall and all that

Simply put, he's unbelievable and Lee as the others have said, should stay well away from him for the meantime.

Syferus

Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 18, 2014, 01:42:13 PM

Simply put, he's unbelievable and Lee as the others have said, should stay well away from him for the meantime.

To my eyes he's the best fighter on planet Earth right now. He can't get the big fights he deserves because everyone runs away from him at double-speed because they know they'll lose.

I think only Andre Ward could even hang with an on-form GGG. I don't even think Cotto would put up much resistance against GGG. Once in a generation talent.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2014, 01:55:46 PM

To my eyes he's the best fighter on planet Earth right now. He can't get the big fights he deserves because everyone runs away from him at double-speed because they know they'll lose.

I think only Andre Ward could even hang with an on-form GGG. I don't even think Cotto would put up much resistance against GGG. Once in a generation talent.
Cotto wouldn't stand a chance against GGG. I genuinely think Lee would have a decent chance against Cotto, hes a much bigger man with a serious height/reach advantage and has that KO power. That won't happen anytime soon though with Alvarez-Cotto set for Cinco de mayo. I expect Alvarez to win that one too.
Lee should stay clear of GGG. Realistically he has a chance against an ageing Jermain Taylor and Cotto who own the other two major belts at Middleweight. If he gets past Saunders, and that's a big if, you couldn't blame him for taking a couple of easy defenses though.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2014, 01:55:46 PM

I'd agree, would love to see him spark Mayweather but that obviously won't happen.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Have read a couple articles on Golovkin and the boxing journalists reckon he hasnt been tested. What big names has he fought really? He looks some prospect though but I'm not buying the hype as much as most on here

Franko

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2014, 04:15:13 PM
Have read a couple articles on Golovkin and the boxing journalists reckon he hasnt been tested. What big names has he fought really? He looks some prospect though but I'm not buying the hype as much as most on here

He probably hasn't been in fairness but the only reasons for this are a combination of poor management and the rest of the division refusing to fight him.

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2014, 04:15:13 PM
He has KO'd or TKO'd Daniel Geale, Marco Antonio Rubio, Matthew Macklin, Curtis Stevens, Gabriel Rosado. Not elite but very good boxers. There really isn't anyone at Middleweight left since Cotto beat Martinez, maybe Peter Quillan but i think he would KO him too. He's facing Martin Murray next and he is probably as good as what is left.

Donnellys Hollow

It's a long time ago now but Golovkin defeated Andy Lee easily in an amateur bout.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

JoG2

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 18, 2014, 04:57:02 PM
It's a long time ago now but Golovkin defeated Andy Lee easily in an amateur bout.

the definitive answer I was looking for :-)

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2014, 05:04:32 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 18, 2014, 04:57:02 PM

the definitive answer I was looking for :-)
He actually beat Andy Lee and Matt Korobov in the same tournament.
GGG's biggest fights are not in his weight class, move down to fight Mayweather or up to fight Ward. Mayweather won't happen so his best chance to prove he is the best would be to move up and beat Ward.