Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 08, 2014, 08:39:20 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 06, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2014, 11:14:26 PM
Frampton winning this easily at the minute.

A class act. Could rule the roost in this division.

He could beat the rest although the king is Rigondeaux, most men can barely lay a glove on him.
Frampton is not interested in Rigondeaux, says McGuigan

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/09/frampton-is-not-interested-in-rigondeaux-says-mcguigan/
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 08, 2014, 08:52:13 AM

He could beat the rest although the king is Rigondeaux, most men can barely lay a glove on him.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/09/frampton-is-not-interested-in-rigondeaux-says-mcguigan/

Of course they aren't, McGuigan will keep Frampton away from Rigondeaux as he knows the likely outcome of the fight in advance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 08, 2014, 09:29:51 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 08, 2014, 08:52:13 AM

Of course they aren't, McGuigan will keep Frampton away from Rigondeaux as he knows the likely outcome of the fight in advance.

McGuigan though should really say they have certain objectives at the minute which include Quigg and a couple of others and once / if they are achieved, they will re-evaluate and this will maybe include yer man Guillermo. On Sat night and in that interview, cash seems to be the sole driving force at the minute.
Frampton is some boxer, and with hopfeully a few more big victories behind him, get the big fight on

DennistheMenace

Rigondeaux is an animal, I wouldn't fancy Frampton's chances against him but it's obvious he's one of the best in the business. A level or two above Bernard Dunne and Casey.

Milltown Row2

Would be silly in the extreme to be looking at Rigondeaux, and at the age of 33 he'll probably be retired before Carl gets a fight at the others around the division. As for making the most money you can, it's a professional business, making money is what it's all about.

Was talking to Carl this morning, face is pretty swollen still and stitches above his eye, his back is sore also but he's in good spirits as you can imagine , said he's going for a scan on hand today. Civic reception tomorrow in Belfast but he'd rather have it all low key if truth be told.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Was up at it. Great set up and fantastic atmosphere before the big fight. We were lucky with the weather too. Would have been a different story had it been raining.

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2014, 12:31:41 PM
Would be silly in the extreme to be looking at Rigondeaux, and at the age of 33 he'll probably be retired before Carl gets a fight at the others around the division. As for making the most money you can, it's a professional business, making money is what it's all about.

Was talking to Carl this morning, face is pretty swollen still and stitches above his eye, his back is sore also but he's in good spirits as you can imagine , said he's going for a scan on hand today. Civic reception tomorrow in Belfast but he'd rather have it all low key if truth be told.

Not sure about that. Late starter in the pro game and his style is unloved by the American networks so not making the kind of money his incredible skills deserve. One of the slickest on the planet. Donaire couldn't touch him in their fight.

Orior

As I drove up Duncairn Gardens last night the wee hoods from New Lodge and Tigers Bay were goading each other into a fight. I wasnt sure if this was as a results of the Frampton scrap, the Owc win, the Ireland win, or the hurling draw.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

take_yer_points

Quote from: Orior on September 08, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
As I drove up Duncairn Gardens last night the wee hoods from New Lodge and Tigers Bay were goading each other into a fight. I wasnt sure if this was as a results of the Frampton scrap, the Owc win, the Ireland win, or the hurling draw.

Or just a normal Sunday night

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on September 08, 2014, 01:19:22 PM

Not sure about that. Late starter in the pro game and his style is unloved by the American networks so not making the kind of money his incredible skills deserve. One of the slickest on the planet. Donaire couldn't touch him in their fight.

Well either way it would be career ending to take him on. Barry never came back after his title defeat in Vegas. To make a lot of money in boxing you have to choose your fights well and get out of it quickly before you end up taking too many hits.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Don't understand why they don't like his style - admittedly haven't watch a full fight of his but any highlights I have watched look brilliant. He would whoop Frampton!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on September 08, 2014, 03:02:07 PM

Don't understand why they don't like his style - admittedly haven't watch a full fight of his but any highlights I have watched look brilliant. He would whoop Frampton!

Ok so they aren't in the business to come out and say he'd stuff me in a fight. That won't get you anywhere, so Barry will put a spin on it. Who in their right mind would want to fight him, box clever (shit pun) and get as many defences as you can make you money and get out. I think that's best and the safest option, no?

nrico2006

Do a lot of fighters not also want to prove that they are the best?  I would hope that Frampton would want to make money but also push himself to the limit to see how far he could go.  No boxer is unbeatable and while Rigondeaux is unbelievably elusive and fast, he has been beat before and Frampton is getting better and possesses the skill set to possibly beat him.  No need to rush it though, take on the mandatory and fight Cruz and/or Quigg.  If he comes through all those tests he will be a better fighter for it and hopefully Rigondeaux will still be there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

I see he has a suspected broken hand. This could put the fights on hold for a few months!

Club Rossa

I think Rigondeaux has been down 3 times in his pro career.That said,he is the top man in the division.I think Frampton will fight his mandatory then a big money spinner with Quigg.