Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 08:27:35 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 02, 2014, 07:50:15 PM
I'm heading up with a few friends on Sat night. Kind of new to this kind of event. Not a lot of info so far on the internet with regards to times of earlier fights etc. Any pointers?

I'm going also,  Weather to be grand, this website should help

http://www.cyclonepromotions.com/news/
Taking my Da to it for his birthday. First time at a professional card together  -good times if the weather holds out!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on September 02, 2014, 10:34:17 PM
I'm heading up with a few friends on Sat night. Kind of new to this kind of event. Not a lot of info so far on the internet with regards to times of earlier fights etc. Any pointers?

Taking my Da to it for his birthday. First time at a professional card together  -good times if the weather holds out!

I find that its a bit volatile, or simmering as there is a lot of lads drinking and wearing tops way too small for them!!

Hopefully the bill beforehand will be better than the last one, they didn't last long
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

I find that its a bit volatile, or simmering as there is a lot of lads drinking and wearing tops way too small for them!!

Hopefully the bill beforehand will be better than the last one, they didn't last long
aye theres usually plenty of scraps about the place. Have a couple of mates in the markets from the old boxing club so we're going to park at their gaff then head over. Seats should be out of the way of most of the trouble.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on September 02, 2014, 10:59:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

aye theres usually plenty of scraps about the place. Have a couple of mates in the markets from the old boxing club so we're going to park at their gaff then head over. Seats should be out of the way of most of the trouble.

This may go the distance, it was a cracking first fight and until Carl put him down it was very close. I expect the same. Duke of York afters for a few!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Archie Mitchell

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyHarp

Frampton winning this easily at the minute.
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2014, 11:14:26 PM

A class act. Could rule the roost in this division.

stiffler

A great champion & a sound lad to boot.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

Yer man was a tough nut but the smart boxing in rounds 1-7 left Frampton in great shape.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Very one-sided affair. Great boxing by Frampton but it wasn't a great scrap as he bossed him, especially early on. Some of the atmosphere seemed to be lost in the open-air arena. People were posting photos last night and you would have needed binoculars!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2014, 09:38:49 AM
Very one-sided affair. Great boxing by Frampton but it wasn't a great scrap as he bossed him, especially early on. Some of the atmosphere seemed to be lost in the open-air arena. People were posting photos last night and you would have needed binoculars!

Have you been in the gods at Croke? It was grand, great bill and atmosphere was electric (hard to judge from stills ;) ) Kiko is a great fighter. after the second round he just kept coming at Carl, never threw as many punches but when he did he defo connected, only have to look at the bruising Carl ended up with. The embrace before the start of the final round was brilliant. two bloody gladiators giving it their all. Its a tough sport

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2014, 11:20:54 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2014, 09:38:49 AM

Have you been in the gods at Croke? It was grand, great bill and atmosphere was electric (hard to judge from stills ;) ) Kiko is a great fighter. after the second round he just kept coming at Carl, never threw as many punches but when he did he defo connected, only have to look at the bruising Carl ended up with. The embrace before the start of the final round was brilliant. two bloody gladiators giving it their all. Its a tough sport
Sure weren't you lucky enough to meet me in them one day a few years.

nrico2006

Quote from: J OGorman on September 06, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2014, 11:14:26 PM

A class act. Could rule the roost in this division.

He could beat the rest although the king is Rigondeaux, most men can barely lay a glove on him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'