Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 15, 2014, 04:35:07 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2014, 09:17:35 PM
Should be an interesting fight on Saturday night, Kell Brook v Shawn Porter. Haven't seen much of Porter but living over in Yorkshire I've followed Brook's career closely and been to one of his fights so I'd like to see him do it. A win could set him up for a few big fights next year, I'd love to see him spark out Khan.

Would like to see KB do well this weekend but the way Shaun Porter dispatched Paulie M you'd have to worry.

Looked to have serious strength.......

Would like to see him do it just so he is then on a par with Khan at least in negotiations and maybe even has Khan chasing him. A nice repeat of Prescott or Garcia please. Shame that don't think he will though.

ziggy90

Should be an interesting fight on Saturday night, Kell Brook v Shawn Porter. Haven't seen much of Porter but living over in Yorkshire I've followed Brook's career closely and been to one of his fights so I'd like to see him do it. A win could set him up for a few big fights next year, I'd love to see him spark out Khan.

Id love to see anyone do that.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

Quote from: ziggy90 on August 15, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

Haven't been watching too closely so, Ziggy!

J OGorman

Quote from: ziggy90 on August 15, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

Preferably one of the Klitschkos

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

BennyHarp

Great performance from Kell Brook!
That was never a square ball!!

Atticus_Finch

Still am yet to watch the fight but from what i've heard most quarters seem to feel that Brook deserved the decision.

It is some accolade for Brook to say that the other belt holders in my division are Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao !

It will be interesting to see where Brook goes from here.  A fight with Amir Khan would be lucrative enough and Hearn would do all he could to market it like another Froch vs Groves II, although I doubt that it would fill Wembley.  The wembley sell out needed that spark of controversy in the first fight to really whet the boxing public's appetite.  Aso neither Brook or Khan would command the same sort of following as Froch would.

Would be a good fight if it is made all the same.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

gallsman

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on August 18, 2014, 01:41:51 PM
Still am yet to watch the fight but from what i've heard most quarters seem to feel that Brook deserved the decision.

It is some accolade for Brook to say that the other belt holders in my division are Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao !

It will be interesting to see where Brook goes from here.  A fight with Amir Khan would be lucrative enough and Hearn would do all he could to market it like another Froch vs Groves II, although I doubt that it would fill Wembley.  The wembley sell out needed that spark of controversy in the first fight to really whet the boxing public's appetite.  Aso neither Brook or Khan would command the same sort of following as Froch would.

Would be a good fight if it is made all the same.

I saw from sixth round on and had brook winning all but one of them. Not pretty but tough and enjoyable. Porter walked through his jab a lot and tried to outwork him on the inside. All the better punching from range came from Brook. Halling and Watt were saying he was pretty much beaten up in the earlier rounds. Nasty cut on Brook's eye was from a butt. Sounds like the right decision (possibly a draw) but one judge had it 117-111 which was way off.

BennyHarp

I thought Brook won the fight comfortably enough. I was following Showtime on Twitter during the fight and even their score card has him 6/7 rounds up. Jim Watt's analysis throughout the fight was a bit strange to say the least and appeared to be giving Porter credit for doing very little. I was disappointed with Porter, he is strong and game but very untidy and although it took Kell a few rounds to come to terms with his aggressive style, once he did he picked him off easy enough and had the presence of mind to hold on when Porter charged in looking to get close. All in all, I was impressed by Kell Brook and he has definitely earned himself the right to be in some mega money fights next year. On the point of selling out Wembley for a fight against Khan, Matchroom and Eddie Hearn are on the crest of a wave at the minute and seemingly can do no wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off another sell out - they could do with a big undercard though. Perhaps Quigg v Frampton as a joint main event.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2014, 08:03:21 PM
I thought Brook won the fight comfortably enough. I was following Showtime on Twitter during the fight and even their score card has him 6/7 rounds up. Jim Watt's analysis throughout the fight was a bit strange to say the least and appeared to be giving Porter credit for doing very little. I was disappointed with Porter, he is strong and game but very untidy and although it took Kell a few rounds to come to terms with his aggressive style, once he did he picked him off easy enough and had the presence of mind to hold on when Porter charged in looking to get close. All in all, I was impressed by Kell Brook and he has definitely earned himself the right to be in some mega money fights next year. On the point of selling out Wembley for a fight against Khan, Matchroom and Eddie Hearn are on the crest of a wave at the minute and seemingly can do no wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off another sell out - they could do with a big undercard though. Perhaps Quigg v Frampton as a joint main event.

Neither of those fights belong in Wembley.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on August 18, 2014, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2014, 08:03:21 PM

Neither of those fights belong in Wembley.

That's why I suggested it may need two headline fights. Each fight would prob bring 20-25,000 and it would be up to the promoter to fill the rest. Matchroom have proven that they can fill venues and after the success of Froch Groves I'm sure they will try and recreate that.

Milltown Row2

Carl Frampton would have to win his fight on the 6th before that would be happening, also Hearns and McGuigan didn't get on well after their last dealings so Quigley fight may never happen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2014, 10:59:17 PM
Carl Frampton would have to win his fight on the 6th before that would be happening, also Hearns and McGuigan didn't get on well after their last dealings so Quigley fight may never happen

Absolutely! But if he does, money talks - PPV at a packed out Wembley?? I'm sure they'd find a way to resolve their differences. Anyway, it's just speculation but I for one would love to see it.

GJL

I'm heading up with a few friends on Sat night. Kind of new to this kind of event. Not a lot of info so far on the internet with regards to times of earlier fights etc. Any pointers?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on September 02, 2014, 07:50:15 PM
I'm heading up with a few friends on Sat night. Kind of new to this kind of event. Not a lot of info so far on the internet with regards to times of earlier fights etc. Any pointers?

I'm going also,  Weather to be grand, this website should help

http://www.cyclonepromotions.com/news/
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea