Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on August 03, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE
Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

Paddy is such a classy guy......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rossiewanderer

The Belfast boys are class acts.I can see Barnes going stateside for a bash at the pros.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 03, 2014, 11:23:12 PM
The Belfast boys are class acts.I can see Barnes going stateside for a bash at the pros.

Well he better hurry up, he's 27 now and to get a up to professional standard will take a couple of years don't you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Walsh gave the Olympic gold medallist a right rattle in the flyweight final. Split decision that could have gone either way. Not that the commentators would have you thinking something like that - totally in the tank for the English boxer.

For a 20 year-old to do that well she surely has Olympic gold potential.

imtommygunn

How did the ballymena guy donnelly do in the end? Missed if or when he was beat.

rossiewanderer

I taught Donnelly was very flat especially for an Irish Champion.He started well but seemed very leaden footed and slow.He was beaten by a classy operater in fairness.

Its along time til Rio for Barnes and he will not be guareenteed a medal by a long way.I thing he will follow Quigley 27 is not that old in the Pro ranks

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 03, 2014, 11:40:42 PM
I taught Donnelly was very flat especially for an Irish Champion.He started well but seemed very leaden footed and slow.He was beaten by a classy operater in fairness.

Its along time til Rio for Barnes and he will not be guareenteed a medal by a long way.I thing he will follow Quigley 27 is not that old in the Pro ranks

How long is Quigley boxing at Pro level now?

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

ONeill

Holy smokes. Well there ye go now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Well that's a conversation with the wife that won't go well, It's not you its me, I'm a woman....

Atticus_Finch

You could tell he had a few issues after he did that post fight interview following Price's second loss to Tony Thompson but didn't realise he was bottling up something like that !  Don't think anyone saw that coming.

Doing that interview with the Mirror was some way to announce it to the world.  The only way of topping that would have been to do a press conference as Kellie Maloney.  I think that would have even had Don King lost for words !

All joking aside, I feel sorry for his daughters, heard they're taking some horrible abuse on Twitter.  Must be pretty hard for them to digest the news as it is.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Sidney

I met Frank Maloney once. Seemed like a nice man. I hope meeting me wasn't the catalyst that caused him to make this surprise transformation. I wish him/her the best of luck with it nonetheless.

The Iceman

Do you think the boxing world will accept this new Kellie Maloney back with open arms as a promoter? I watched the video interview and it was all very surreal.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BennyHarp

Should be an interesting fight on Saturday night, Kell Brook v Shawn Porter. Haven't seen much of Porter but living over in Yorkshire I've followed Brook's career closely and been to one of his fights so I'd like to see him do it. A win could set him up for a few big fights next year, I'd love to see him spark out Khan.
That was never a square ball!!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2014, 09:17:35 PM
Should be an interesting fight on Saturday night, Kell Brook v Shawn Porter. Haven't seen much of Porter but living over in Yorkshire I've followed Brook's career closely and been to one of his fights so I'd like to see him do it. A win could set him up for a few big fights next year, I'd love to see him spark out Khan.

Would like to see KB do well this weekend but the way Shaun Porter dispatched Paulie M you'd have to worry.

Looked to have serious strength.......