Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

thought Michaela walsh boxed very well and can count herself unlucky. she was obviously disappointed but can hold her head high. agree about the commentators, unbelievably biased.
nil satis nisi optimum

tyroneboi

Yeah and reading the sky sports report it said Adams was 'a class apart' and 'too classy' for Walsh and couldn't believe it was a split decision. Not sure they were watching the same fight.

Barnes looking good for gold here.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Gaffer on August 02, 2014, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on August 01, 2014, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 01, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2014, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 01, 2014, 04:39:04 PM
Assume at these games you cant face someone from your own country in the boxing??

At a guess most countries only take one fighter per weight??

When did amateurs stop wearing headguards incidentally?
Last year. When is Barnes fighting?
tonight at 7.45

Balls.   He s on now

Aye that was the time for the semi last night.

Gaffer

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 02, 2014, 02:59:42 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 02, 2014, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on August 01, 2014, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 01, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2014, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 01, 2014, 04:39:04 PM
Assume at these games you cant face someone from your own country in the boxing??

At a guess most countries only take one fighter per weight??

When did amateurs stop wearing headguards incidentally?
Last year. When is Barnes fighting?
tonight at 7.45

Balls.   He s on now

Aye that was the time for the semi last night.

Oops. Sorry Sheedy!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

SHEEDY

well done paddy barnes. close fight.
nil satis nisi optimum

JimStynes

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 02, 2014, 03:13:04 PM
well done paddy barnes. close fight.

I thought he won clear enough. Not an easy fight by any means but Barnes looked that little bit sharper and better on the day.

mayo 4 eva

I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.
The Question is..... What is the Question?

SHEEDY

thought that was fight of the day so far. brilliant stuff by conlan to fight back after losing the 1st round. at times it got a bit messy but conlan showed he is a class fighter.
nil satis nisi optimum

laceer

Quote from: mayo 4 eva on August 02, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
I might have been seeing things but did Paddy Barnes say to someone when Danny Boy started 'Thats not my anthem'? Good luck to Michael Conlon, the cut could become a problem in this one.

Saw Barnes saying that myself. Conlon did well to come back after the first. Fitzpatrick looked flat

laoislad

It's a good compromise though I thought. I actually wondered what anthem they would play. I was expecting GSTQ.
Why can't the N.I soccer team use Danny Boy also?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on August 02, 2014, 04:53:25 PM

It's a good compromise though I thought. I actually wondered what anthem they would play. I was expecting GSTQ.
Why can't the N.I soccer team use Danny Boy also?

That piece of Victorian music hall rubbish has been used for as long as I can remember at the Empire Games.  It's the Loyalist fleg I would have problems with.

Walsh did very well but I thought Adams just, just shaded it.  Great stuff from her in the interview though, you could almost feel Inverdale cringing.  The BBC commentary was a one-eyed disgrace.  Did anyone hear Conor McNamara on 5Live during the Barnes medal presentation?  Boke!

Barnes and Conlan bought fought well but Fitzpatrick went out with a bit of a whimper against Flynn (who I thought was beaten last night by the Welsh guy).

AQMP

Tweet from Barnes:

"So I said that's not my anthem, so who cares, it's not, NI hasn't got one, educate yourselves, football is GSTQ so make your minds up!"

From the Bunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwqRsou-JE

michaelg

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM

Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

beer baron

Quote from: michaelg on August 03, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2014, 05:30:43 PM

Why bother making such a comment.  If he feels so strongly, why not give representing Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games a miss.  Also, can you imagine the cries of bigotry etc had Wayne McCullough had done something similar when representing Ireland.

I'd agree with you Michael. I'm sure he had a good idea what would be played and was just playing for the cameras,this kind of thing seems to be great for any public figure in anyway associated with Ireland to gain a few supporters.