Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2014, 10:02:52 AM
Froch was doing well in that period but if Groves had took a count he would have probably seen out the round and regrouped.  He was in no more trouble then than Froch was in round 1, yet the referee was probably influenced by his own bias towards Frochs reputation as a tough fighter etc etc and gave him more of an advantage.  The fight is £15, £20 if you only order it on the day.

I think the line about the ref having a bias towards Froch due to his reputation is just spin by Groves and total nonsense. Groves was in trouble and Froch would have ended it but Foster definitely stepped in too early. Either way, one of the two of them knows the truth, if Groves genuinely was gone then it will have to play on his mind going into this fight, if not then he will be supremely confident again. For me, Froch can't be as bad again, he was caught flush early on and took a few rounds to recover and when he did he was walking through Groves' best shots. What makes this fight so interesting is that we just don't know and perhaps time caught up with Froch in the last fight and if that's the case then it will be very tough for him.

I'd agree Benny. After the huge punch / knockdown (which most other fighters would not have got up / recovered from), Froch was was fighting in survival mode. Its some show of strength and heart to recover during a fight, esp as Groves was landing big shots during these rounds. So for me, Groves was fighting at full tilt, and Froch way below his full capacity. Unless Groves lands another blockbuster, Froch will pummel him into submission within 8-10 rounds. For me, Groves isnt at the same level as the super 6 brigade.
Have always been a big fan of Froch, his fights are always blood and thunder, has never ducked a fight which is a rarity in boxing these days with all the politics and the shysters lacing their greedy mits.
Re St George comes across as a right tit. What was he like with the 'handshake' the other night?

J OGorman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 28, 2014, 11:11:17 AM
What time is the Froch v Groves fight?

walk in will be 10/10:30pm apparently Walter

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J OGorman on May 28, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 28, 2014, 11:11:17 AM
What time is the Froch v Groves fight?

walk in will be 10/10:30pm apparently Walter

Good man JOG.

God14

£16.95 to book the fight, very steep.

Contemplating watching it in the pub, but I enjoy the commentary
Other option is streaming it, but again its not the same - prob freeze once the action gets going.

CiKe

Just watched this for first time. Unquestionable that early stoppage and also unquestionable that Groves dominated the earlier rounds. The couple of rounds before the stoppage he was still landing good punches on Froch but never thought he looked like stopping him after the first couple rounds.

Froch has never been light on his feet but in this fight he seemed very leaden footed altogether. Whether this was result of the early heavy blows or not, not sure, but certainly he was slower of both hand and feet. If there was complacency involved, there won't be this time, in which case I would expect him to win more easily. Maybe we did finally see him grow old - in which case Groves has great chance  - but I still think Froch can find a way to win again, as I reckon good chance he would have finished it without the premature stoppaged

J OGorman

Quote from: God14 on May 28, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

Other option is streaming it, but again its not the same - prob freeze once the action gets going.

with the exception of Jim 'the dose' Watt

Walter Cronc

Quote from: God14 on May 28, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

Lots of streams will be available for this fight God14.

STREET FIGHTER

Anyone know of any bars in Cookstown, Dungannon or Magherafelt showing it......

nrico2006

Thinking of getting it myself, better on big screen etc but how likely is it that a really good non buffering stream will be available?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2014, 03:59:42 PM
Thinking of getting it myself, better on big screen etc but how likely is it that a really good non buffering stream will be available?

Wiziwig, Vip Box all should have decent streams. My shout would be try it 30-40 mins before the fight and if its no good at all pay for it!

STREET FIGHTER

I tried to watch the last Frampton fight on the web and by the time it stopped buffering/messed about the fight was over!!

nrico2006

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 28, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

Wiziwig, Vip Box all should have decent streams. My shout would be try it 30-40 mins before the fight and if its no good at all pay for it!

I normally would have checked during the undercard and didn't mind booking last minute but now they have the surcharge for booking on the day.  Usually don't watch many of the undercard fights but nearly more interested in seeing DeGale get his head knocked off than anything else.  Virgil Hunter put him in his box yesterday.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 29, 2014, 08:34:07 AM

I normally would have checked during the undercard and didn't mind booking last minute but now they have the surcharge for booking on the day.  Usually don't watch many of the undercard fights but nearly more interested in seeing DeGale get his head knocked off than anything else.  Virgil Hunter put him in his box yesterday.

nrico, if yer mad keen to see the fight, I'd dip for it or split it between a couple of you. I've been heartbroken a good few times in the past with links dropping or freezing during bouts. Also had seemless streams, its the chance you take. Not great for the old stress levels though!

God14

Quote from: J OGorman on May 29, 2014, 09:13:21 AM

nrico, if yer mad keen to see the fight, I'd dip for it or split it between a couple of you. I've been heartbroken a good few times in the past with links dropping or freezing during bouts. Also had seemless streams, its the chance you take. Not great for the old stress levels though!

Yeah I agree. Really wanna see the flight. Even when you manage to get a decent stream, your enjoyment is almost ruined as in the back of your mind your waiting for it to freeze. It could be explosive at any second.

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on May 29, 2014, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 29, 2014, 09:13:21 AM

Yeah I agree. Really wanna see the flight. Even when you manage to get a decent stream, your enjoyment is almost ruined as in the back of your mind your waiting for it to freeze. It could be explosive at any second.

Aye, same here.  Plus, not the same on a wee screen.  Ill probably order it tonight then.