Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 13, 2014, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on February 13, 2014, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 13, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
So Froch v Groves 2 signed for May 31st. Someone would need to get a hold of Froch and give him a bit of PR training for the build up because if tonight's Sky Sports news is anything to by he is going to make a c**k of himself over the next few months.

He would needy make some hallion of himself to be at groves level of cockness. Can't see groves landing another of those shots and froch to pummel him in 8 rounds before a knock out or stoppage. He's a different level altogether

True, I've always liked Froch but he really can't handle the media stuff with Groves and ends up making himself look a bit silly. Groves is a tw*t but he clearly gets under Froch's skin.

That's it..groves seems to know the pressure points. Up until the buildup to their last fight, froch never really got involved in the pre fight sh1te talk. Showed his opponents respect but went to war in the ring. Always enjoy watching him fight, hasn't great skill but has some heart and never dodged a fight like most do
Will be looking forward to this one as there is a fierce scarcity of decent fights to get remotely excited about.

nrico2006

Looking forward to this fight, reckon Groves wills win too.

I see Fury fighting again soon against another highly rated Heavyweight.  For all his talk, he seems to be constantly fighting chumps or boys who are far smaller than him.  I see he will fight Chisora after this one too, talk about ambition.  Sickened that Haye had to pull out as I would have loved to see Fury flattened by a hayemaker.

Not long now until Vasyl Lomachenko goes for the seemingly impossible, trying to win a world title in only his second professional fight.  What an achievement if he does it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CiKe

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2014, 09:05:46 AM
Looking forward to this fight, reckon Groves wills win too.

I see Fury fighting again soon against another highly rated Heavyweight.  For all his talk, he seems to be constantly fighting chumps or boys who are far smaller than him.  I see he will fight Chisora after this one too, talk about ambition.  Sickened that Haye had to pull out as I would have loved to see Fury flattened by a hayemaker.

Not long now until Vasyl Lomachenko goes for the seemingly impossible, trying to win a world title in only his second professional fight.  What an achievement if he does it.

There is a bit of controversy about whether it really is only his 2nd professional fight. Still, whatever way you look at it, I think max it would be only something like his 8th, so some achievement either way. After 2 sounds better from marketing perspective than after 8th though. Jeff Fenech did it after 7 fights.

Club Rossa

There will be some trash talking between Froch and Groves before this rematch.Will be great for the ticket sales of course but it does seem like a genuine hatred.I for one can't wait for it!!

The Iceman

Lads if any of you have a link for the Frampton fight on Friday night can you share it here please?
Cheers!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J OGorman

will surely. On Boxnation so there should be a few links about. Frampton is the real deal. King Kane on the under card, hoping for a biggin from the Banagher man

Syferus

f**king Box Nation. Suppose I'll just have to wait and watch it tomorrow when the pirates release a copy.. I hope.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on April 04, 2014, 09:01:12 AM
will surely. On Boxnation so there should be a few links about. Frampton is the real deal. King Kane on the under card, hoping for a biggin from the Banagher man

I'm off to the fight tonight, first fight is at 6.10 I'm told!! Carl will hopefully put in a good show. Been to most of his fights (my wife's cousin) and he's put on a great fight, only one fight I remember was laboured due to the height of the lad he was fighting, and Kiko's fight was tense as it was close until he stopped him.

What strikes me about the fights is the headers that go to them, stay outside the hall drink like fook, miss the undercards rush in for the final bout and then start fighting among themselves!! It's a bit hairy to be fair.

Carl is a lovely fella outside of the ring, Barry and Shane have right by him throughout his career so far, hopefully no slip ups tonight before he gets a chance to fight for a title
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smokin Joe

Any idea what time the main event is on at?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 04, 2014, 01:02:32 PM
Any idea what time the main event is on at?

Been told 10.15, though that's not official
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

have a great night Milltown!! I'd say it will be some atmosphere!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J OGorman

The Iceman

figured it out - cheers!!!

Gaffer

Quote from: J OGorman on April 04, 2014, 07:20:00 PM
http://vipbox.co/boxing/watch-176e17-boxing-carl-frampton-hugo-cazares#

Where is Atticus these days?...good man for the boxing analysis

thanks   getting sound  only though. full of ads 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

J OGorman

Quote from: Gaffer on April 04, 2014, 09:01:50 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on April 04, 2014, 07:20:00 PM
http://vipbox.co/boxing/watch-176e17-boxing-carl-frampton-hugo-cazares#

Where is Atticus these days?...good man for the boxing analysis

thanks   getting sound  only though. full of ads

each of the adds on top of the screen will have a wee tiny x. click it (an add will pop up, close it). do this for 2/3 adds. Click full screen then lad