Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Is there any way to get BoxNation on UPC in the south? Really don't want to have to resort to a dodgy stream for the Mayweather fight.

gallsman

Doesn't look like there's a way to get BoxNation on UPC or online. Anyone able to recommend as reliable source for streaming?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: gallsman on September 13, 2013, 11:59:58 AM
Doesn't look like there's a way to get BoxNation on UPC or online. Anyone able to recommend as reliable source for streaming?

Type in boxing guru to google and should give you a link

blewuporstuffed

Has anyone been watching the All access series on mayweather & canelo  as a build up to the fight?
All 4 episodes should all be on youtube.
They are all about hyping the fight, but are still very good
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

whiskeysteve

Hype for this is a joke. Mayweather will get on his bike and pick him off all night. Cant believe so many are buying into this contest, a marketing masterclass from the promoters
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Mikhail Prokhorov

cant see anything other than a floyd victory on pts

nrico2006

Tempted to get it on Boxnation, how much is it now with them?  Haven't seen much of Alvarez to be honest but over the past 2 or 3 years he has been billed as the next big thing so is he not genuinely in with a chance?  I'm sure De La Hoya will have had a hand in how he fights tactically considering how he fared against Mayweather a few years back when the golden boy was far past his best yet won the fight in my eyes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Agreed, Mayweather on points but still think Canelo will give a good account of himself. He'll be the biggest and strongest Floyd has faced.

Looking forward to Garcia-Matthyse more than the main event! One of them is going to be seeing stars.

J OGorman

Mayweather will be on the canvas @ some stage in this fight. Should be a cracker

gallsman

Quote from: Under Lights on September 13, 2013, 02:28:24 PM
From watching the All Access shows you have to say PBF has a lot of hangers on.

Understatement of the year! They're lackeys and they know it, Floyd knows it, everybody knows it. There was one scene in the final All Access where Mayweather said something along the lines of "I've just had a thought, he not Mexican, he's Irish". Cue the whole gym laughing uproariously. Canelo's appearance has been talked about since he first arrived on the scene and if it's taken Floyd and his crew this long to thing "pasty skinned ginger kid looks Irish", you'd worry about a lot of them.

What does everyone thing of All Access? I think it's shite compared to 24/7 but the first three for this fight were ok. The fourth was crap.

J OGorman

Quote from: Under Lights on September 13, 2013, 02:28:24 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 13, 2013, 02:22:29 PM
Mayweather will be on the canvas @ some stage in this fight. Should be a cracker

Would be interesting to see that. How would he deal with it? Never happened in his professional career.

From watching the All Access shows you have to say PBF has a lot of hangers on. A lot of people getting paid big bucks to just be there lavishing attention on him. Kinda sad really when you think about it. Probably goes back to the lack of attention he got from his parents at youth. Wikipedia his story. Interesting enough.

Spoke with a big boxing fan yesterday who feels if the Donegal Mexican can handle the weight drop, will possess enough raw power to really trouble Mayweather. Turned pro @ 15 apparently! Pity it on so ba$tardin late / early

gallsman

Everyone makes weight, Canelo not looking overly drained.

DuffleKing

What time are mayweather & canelo  likely to start? 3ish?

gawa316

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 15, 2013, 01:20:38 AM

What time are mayweather & canelo  likely to start? 3ish?

Starting soon, it's 9.17pm here so 5.17am back home

heganboy

That was a master class- how one judge scored that as a draw is a complete and utter joke.
younger bigger faster stronger maybe- but still not half the boxer? If alvares learns from that he'll be some boxer in a few years, maybe even the golden ticket for number 50 but for now outclassed.

I don't know what gets close to Mayweather - he really made Alvares look absolutely ordinary.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity