Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2013, 11:45:44 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2013, 11:42:02 PM
Well,from Tigers Bay,I'd say you'll not be bumping into him in Casement Park anytime soon.

You are a f**king wally of the highest order, you know nothing of the lad and would fit right in with the protesters if you were born a prod. t**t!!
Don't feed the troll. Anything I have seen of Frampton is that he seems to get on with both sides and has no time for shite that Fearon is interested in. I would say being World Champion is above flegs on his pecking order.

ONeill

Wrong thread but Tony sees life as Catholic v Protestant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

I know this is probably a bit harsh, but Barry McGuigan is beginning to annoy me.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 09, 2013, 11:53:59 PM
I know this is probably a bit harsh, but Barry McGuigan is beginning to annoy me.

He has become a version of Barry Hearn on speed but sure it's a bit of crack I suppose.

Gaffer

Anyone notice McGuigan jabbing in the dressing room before the fight.

Still looks the part. Won't be kicking him in the taws anytime soon but as Bennyharp says he might be deserving a wee slap on his lugs.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Abble

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2013, 11:31:03 PM
Probably relieved that he can now return to the flag protests!

TIT...You should have mentioned that to Paddy Barnes before he supported his corner tonight. Away off to the politics threads (you'll not have too far to go) and see what they think about it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Abble on February 10, 2013, 12:00:48 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2013, 11:31:03 PM
Probably relieved that he can now return to the flag protests!

TIT...You should have mentioned that to Paddy Barnes before he supported his corner tonight. Away off to the politics threads (you'll not have too far to go) and see what they think about it

Paddy Barnes is going to be Carl's best man soon, the lad is as nice a fella you'll ever meet, he's boxed for Ireland for many years, cause he's from Tigers Bay means fcuk all. TF is so full of shite it makes my blood boil, he's everything that's wrong about this place. Quick to join the stereo type, how stupid can you be?

Anyway's back to the fight, was a tough encounter and as I said before the bookies made Carl way to big a favourite but that is based on the punters backing Carl. Knew Carl was going to be nervous seen it in him in the last fight, he couldn't get going due to Kiko relentlessly pressing him the whole time, but as someone said he would have done well to keep that going. Barry dropped his trainer before this fight so I was worried that things would be a bit different.

Hopefully Carl will take Quigg on and it should be another good fight. Hearns loves Belfast and the prize money now should attract some great fights.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Thoroughly enjoyable fight. Dunno how it looked on tv but live he was absolutely clinical. Took some big shots well, peppered Kiko from opening bell and was clearly on top. Only round I gave Martinez was the 7th.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2013, 12:41:26 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable fight. Dunno how it looked on tv but live he was absolutely clinical. Took some big shots well, peppered Kiko from opening bell and was clearly on top. Only round I gave Martinez was the 7th.

Carl was ahead before the fight was stopped on the judges cards. Carl was hit a few times, but was smart when he needed to be. What size was that bloke Rogan fought? Wholly fcuk!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2013, 12:48:20 AM
Marty Rogan fight?

Fight?

Well won on points against the genie from the lamp!!

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2013, 12:46:55 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2013, 12:41:26 AM

Carl was ahead before the fight was stopped on the judges cards. Carl was hit a few times, but was smart when he needed to be. What size was that bloke Rogan fought? Wholly fcuk!

Reading comments here giving two of first three to Martinez. I thought he put on a clinic. Kiko came out big in the 7th and caught him enough to take the round but that was about the height of it.

bennydorano

Quote from: MK on February 09, 2013, 11:55:38 PM
Well,from Tigers Bay,I'd say you'll not be bumping into him in Casement Park anytime soon.

well if you really want to know Framton lived in WEST Belfast with his Catholic partner

Point of order - does West Belfast not include protestant areas like Shankill & Suffolk? Not a argument settler by itself.

Thought Frampton was excellent but there was always the danger of being caught with a haymaker. Frampton & Selby are 2 classy fighters, both shouldn't be far away from World titles.

I also wonder was Martinez one of the boxers allegedly working with doping Dr Fuentes ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on February 10, 2013, 12:19:24 PM
Quote from: MK on February 09, 2013, 11:55:38 PM

well if you really want to know Framton lived in WEST Belfast with his Catholic partner

Point of order - does West Belfast not include protestant areas like Shankill & Suffolk? Not a argument settler by itself.

Thought Frampton was excellent but there was always the danger of being caught with a haymaker. Frampton & Selby are 2 classy fighters, both shouldn't be far away from World titles.

I also wonder was Martinez one of the boxers allegedly working with doping Dr Fuentes ???

And what does being a prod mean in boxing terms? Seriously beyond a joke now

bennydorano

Means f**k all to me, making a pointless point. Watch u dont miss it like. ::)