Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2012, 11:52:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 30, 2012, 11:28:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2012, 11:16:41 PM
How long will they be able to stretch this out for before he has to box someone that is better than pathetic ? The state of today's media is that Flintoffs boxing "career" will probably generate more publicity than a genuine contender like Price. Celebrity sells.
If you did as you were bid and watched the tv show you would see that this is something he needs to get out of his system thru frustartion at finishing his cricket career prematurely. He is as aware as anyone that he can't go from nothing to a contender at the age of 34.

There just happened to be a documentary crew about to film it all ?! Youse are mad if you think Flintoff is using this whole farce for anything other than to generate whatever lucrative spin offs he can from it, another book, boxing exercise video, tv show etc.
Such cynicism. The Christmas countdown sfarts in a couple of minutes. Embrace the season of goodwill.

Quote from: ONeill on November 30, 2012, 11:57:49 PM
If that was a 10-8 then it's a farce. Is it possible it was a 9-9?

Flintoff slapped. His punches were that of a local GAA club fundraiser standard.

At the same time, to have the desire to go toe-to-toe with a heavy lad takes balls and for that it was an entertaining few minutes.
In show on Sky he looked to be slapping a fair bit and in one scene staved his thumb because of it.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 30, 2012, 11:40:24 PM
Reading a report that said he was floored in 2nd round so would have lost that round 10-8 so impossible for him to score 39 points in a 4 rounder!  :o

If you knock someone down but are judged to have lost the round then it is scored 10-9 in your favour.  Therefore 39-38 score is feasible.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ONeill

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on December 01, 2012, 12:02:40 AM
Reading a report that said he was floored in 2nd round so would have lost that round 10-8 so impossible for him to score 39 points in a 4 rounder!  :o

If you knock someone down but are judged to have lost the round then it is scored 10-9 in your favour.  Therefore 39-38 score is feasible.

It's not.

9-10 10-9 10-9 10-9
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Atticus_Finch

General consensus was that Flintoff won 3 rounds.  1, 3 and 4 = 30 points.  Got floored in the 2nd but looks like he was also considered to have won the round otherwise so 9 points.  So gives a total of 39 points, no ?

Didn't say i agreed with it, just said it was feasible.

Atticus_Finch

One of the rounds maybe was scored a draw ?

ONeill

10-10 for one possibly. Watched it again but cannot see it.

Tony Baloney

Well I for one don't believe a fight was fixed. Not in boxing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 01, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
10-10 for one possibly. Watched it again but cannot see it.
Any footage online?

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2012, 12:15:29 AM
Well I for one don't believe a fight was fixed. Not in boxing.

;D  Can't see any highlights about at the minute.  I say there would be some up on youtube tomorrow.

Agree the scoring does look a bit suspect alright.

ONeill

They've been up on youtube this yonks. If you hoors....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxU0QFcmJA

ONeill

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
How far do you think Price can go Atticus?

Not sure to be honest.  He seems to have the physique, power and attributes to be a top class heavyweight but I can't get over excited on account of his most recent victories as although they were impressive it was against very mediocre opposition in Harrison and Skelton.

Think his next fight is going to be against Tony Thompson who has been Ko'd twice by Wladimir Klitschko. 

I'd say that will be the path that Maloney has him on for a while, facing former Klitschko victims.  I think himself and Fury will be kept apart for a good while yet.  Whether he is capable of beating a Klitschko is another story.  Vitali Klitschko has said he hasn't hung up the gloves AFAIK but by the time Price would be in a position to challenge him you would imagine he will be long retired.  Wladimir should still be about for the next few years and if he keeps progressing he would definitely give him a fight IMO and at the minute there doesn't seem to be an abundance of boxers in the heavyweight division that would be capable of doing that.

Tony Baloney

I had it Flintoff 10-9 Dawson, 8-10, 10-9, 10-9 which still has Flintoff winning by a point.

ONeill

You think he lost the round he was knocked down in (despite the KO)?

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on December 01, 2012, 12:02:40 AM

Got a text from a lad demanding i back this up with a source  :o !  As O'Neill has already highlighted, my searching skills could do with a bit of work ! But the first google search i did provided the following:

http://neutralcorneronline.com/how-to-score-a-fight/

http://www.secondsout.com/ringside/boxing-mavens-corner/what-you-scored-a-10-8-round