Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on November 30, 2012, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on November 30, 2012, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on November 30, 2012, 09:13:06 AM
Is the Freddie Flintoff fight on tonight?

Can it be watched anywhere?

It's on boxnation.  I say you would be able to get a decent stream for it.

David Price has come out and has been quite critical of Flintoff .  He doesn't agree what he's doing and he thinks that he is being disrepectful towards boxing.

I think he's wrong in doing so.  Flintoff's reasons for turning to boxing is very similar to Hatton.  Both have had problems with depression, the discipline and the focus boxing brings would help them deal with depression.

Flintoff has been friendly with Barry McGuigan for a while and he said to him that he would love to give boxing a go, not a charity event/white collar night but he wanted to do it professionally.  By the sounds of it he has been completely dedicated to boxing and put heart and soul into training ... although I saw him in the Cloth Ear in Belfast having a sneaky pint two weeks ago.  Shane McGuigan was with him so it must have been allowed  ;D

Cheers.

Hard to know what sort of fight it'll be.

Hope Flintoff gets sparked out and then his opponent has a go at either of the McGuigans  ;)

Atticus_Finch

Anyone any predictions for tonight ?

Flintoff vs Dawson - Two completely unknown quantities for me but with there being only four two minute rounds, I can't help but consider the possibility of the draw.

Price vs Skelton - Going for Price to win between rounds 4-6.  He should stop him but surely he can't get it as easy the Fraudley fight ?

33/1 Double

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Atticus_Finch

Atticus_Finch

Skelton didn't last much longer than fraudley, Price stopped him in the second. Series of body punches too much for Skelton.

bennydorano

Good man Freddie, not high on quality but he was marginally better, after watching the Sky show he's certainly put the effort in.

Atticus_Finch

Flintoff is now off the mark with his first professional win beating Dawson 39 points to 38. It resembled a charity boxing match but was highly entertaining at the same time.

Minder

How long will they be able to stretch this out for before he has to box someone that is better than pathetic ? The state of today's media is that Flintoffs boxing "career" will probably generate more publicity than a genuine contender like Price. Celebrity sells.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DuffleKing

Has Freddie any skills?

Always liked him. Seems like he'd be good craic on a session

bennydorano

How far do you think Price can go Atticus?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2012, 11:16:41 PM
How long will they be able to stretch this out for before he has to box someone that is better than pathetic ? The state of today's media is that Flintoffs boxing "career" will probably generate more publicity than a genuine contender like Price. Celebrity sells.
If you did as you were bid and watched the tv show you would see that this is something he needs to get out of his system thru frustartion at finishing his cricket career prematurely. He is as aware as anyone that he can't go from nothing to a contender at the age of 34.

Tony Baloney

Reading a report that said he was floored in 2nd round so would have lost that round 10-8 so impossible for him to score 39 points in a 4 rounder!  :o

ONeill

Flintoff reminded me of Ivan Drago, before the Russian threw a punch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 30, 2012, 11:28:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2012, 11:16:41 PM
If you did as you were bid and watched the tv show you would see that this is something he needs to get out of his system thru frustartion at finishing his cricket career prematurely. He is as aware as anyone that he can't go from nothing to a contender at the age of 34.

There just happened to be a documentary crew about to film it all ?! Youse are mad if you think Flintoff is using this whole farce for anything other than to generate whatever lucrative spin offs he can from it, another book, boxing exercise video, tv show etc.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 30, 2012, 11:44:12 PM
Flintoff reminded me of Ivan Drago, before the Russian threw a punch.

ONeill

If that was a 10-8 then it's a farce. Is it possible it was a 9-9?

Flintoff slapped. His punches were that of a local GAA club fundraiser standard.

At the same time, to have the desire to go toe-to-toe with a heavy lad takes balls and for that it was an entertaining few minutes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.