Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 10:59:25 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2012, 10:49:20 PM
Heard a scurrilous rumour Rogie was for going down in a certain round !

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2012, 10:55:24 PM
Yeah it was the 3rd I heard too.

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2012, 10:49:20 PM
Don't believe it myself.

Funny that....

You are easily amused.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

el_cuervo_fc

There were three different fights in the crowd. A whole wrecking match according to reports

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:02:54 PM
Bit silly to say that you don't believe that he had a bet to go down in the 3rd, after the fight that he went down in the 5th!

What I was saying was I didn't believe he threw it. Maybe the rumour was wrong, maybe it was the 5th but I don't think he had a punt on it.

Tony Baloney

Lot of comments on Twitter that the round ended suspiciously.

Gaffer

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 14, 2012, 11:03:49 PM
There were three different fights in the crowd. A whole wrecking match according to reports

Were they fixed?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:16:09 PM
The thing about these rumours, if Rogie did have a bet you can be sure as shite that very few people know, not half the fcukin road.

That sounds like some ballbag holding court in Dan Boyle's spouting shite and pretending to be in the know. To be fair, he may have every copy of Ring magzine, so who could argue with him.

Maybe we will get you to verify any rumours in the future.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2012, 11:17:48 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:16:09 PM
The thing about these rumours, if Rogie did have a bet you can be sure as shite that very few people know, not half the fcukin road.

That sounds like some ballbag holding court in Dan Boyle's spouting shite and pretending to be in the know. To be fair, he may have every copy of Ring magzine, so who could argue with him.

Maybe we will get you to verify any rumours in the future.
Well it is better than you putting rumours out that you don't even believe.....

Take a look on Twitter.

ONeill

Betting slips popping up in my FB timeline and Twitter showing 5th round win. Why was I not told in the Spar?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CiKe

he looked at his corner because he was starting to eat leather and had no answer.

he was clearly hurt and could be seen gasping still 30 seconds later when he went back to the corner despite his initial protestation to Checa.

The heavyweight standard as we know is not good. Fury won't beat a Klitschko but there are not too many others he should fear. His defence still needs to tighten up but with his size and that jab he should still be harder to hit. He may not have one punch concussive power to take out the best but he certainly has power enough to seriously hurt people and wear them down.

He's not the second coming of Muhammad Ali but he keeps things interesting and I for one like him, and hope he does well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CiKe on April 14, 2012, 11:44:29 PM
he looked at his corner because he was starting to eat leather and had no answer.

he was clearly hurt and could be seen gasping still 30 seconds later when he went back to the corner despite his initial protestation to Checa.

I thought that he'd cracked a rib the way he grimaced
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Candyman

Lads, do not kid yourselves!! It was a COMPLETE set-up and very badly done!! The ref was allowing him to continue with 2seconds on the clock, when a guy from his corner ran in and stopped it!! And just to clarify, I was told to back Fury in the 5th round at about 4pm!!!!! Half of Armagh had the bet on, I had 17/2 with Paddy Power!! Boxing today is in a state because of this, but even on that note I won't be returning my winnings!! ;-)

Capt Pat

Joe Ward just got beaten in the olympic qualifiers by a Turk in Turkey? The Irish camp are considering appealing the result.

CiKe

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 16, 2012, 07:10:51 PM
Joe Ward just got beaten in the olympic qualifiers by a Turk in Turkey? The Irish camp are considering appealing the result.

ah bugger that was last chance saloon i think. All hopes on Katie, so....

Captain Obvious

Quote from: CiKe on April 16, 2012, 07:14:35 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 16, 2012, 07:10:51 PM

ah bugger that was last chance saloon i think. All hopes on Katie, so....
Big medal hope gone.

Declan