Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Two scumbags. Kick them out for good, they are both shite as well.

Captain Scarlet

let's set the scene here.
david haye gatecrashes a press conference that he has nothing to with and starts mouthing off.
then he proceeds to glass/ punch chisora and in the following scuffle his manager gets cut/ glassed too.
at the end he then tells klitscko that he is a great champion but HIS manager is a disgrace.
I GIVE UP!
a great day for boxing, i had to wait on the brawl report to finish before i learned what happened in the actual fight.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Chief Whip

What fighter of any substance has haye really beat? he can stand about all day and shoot his mouth off; but in the cold light of day you have to wonder who the real winner here is? and that can only be frank warren who will be rubbing his hands

Minder

Pretty clear from that Haye hit his manager Booth with the camera tripod. Haye seems to be 100% mouth, i dont know how he can stand there mouthing when he had his chance last year and failed miserably. I suppose he is trying to talk himself into another multi million payday and doesn't care if he wins or not.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 19, 2012, 01:55:01 PM
let's set the scene here.
david haye gatecrashes a press conference that he has nothing to with and starts mouthing off.
then he proceeds to glass/ punch chisora and in the following scuffle his manager gets cut/ glassed too.
at the end he then tells klitscko that he is a great champion but HIS manager is a disgrace.
I GIVE UP!
a great day for boxing, i had to wait on the brawl report to finish before i learned what happened in the actual fight.

Warren made the point that Haye should have been nowhere near the press conference .... I found that a bit rich coming from Warren.

The whole reason that Haye was out in Germany was to provide commentary on the fight for Box Nation and who is the main driving force behind Box Nation ?  Yes that is right, one Frank Warren.  I'm pretty sure Warren would have known about Haye working for his channel and after that it was on the cards that Haye was going to show up at the press conference.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

whiskeysteve

ach, there will be a load of outrage for a while then they'll sit down and make a packet out of Haye v Chisora. Providing Derek doesnt literally 'burn' or 'shoot' him in the run up.

Thought Chisora put up a very good show against Vitali, which has kinda got lost in all this.

Think Vitali looked a tired man at the end and should be thinking about retirement, all these fights are a bit of a lose-lose for his prestige anyway. Given his ambitions outside boxing he also has double the pressure to maintain his health
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Archie Mitchell

Magee fight on Boxnation for free now.

Forever Green

I saw that weigh in on Friday and then Chisora talking to the media after. I would put money on it that thon f**ker was wiped off his face on something. Anyhoo, good promotion for a fight between Chisora and Haye with their scrap. A pair of typical arrogant, english arseholes

As for the actual fight last night, it`s obvious Vitali only has one, maybe two more fights left in him. Chisora did quite well, a lot better than expected. However, it again shows how poor the heavyweight division is these days

Atticus_Finch

Froch admits prolonging a fight so his family and mates could get a bet up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-17088977

He's probably lucky this is coming out now when Chisora and Haye are still stealing the headlines.

Chat of life bans for Chisora and Haye, I can't see that happening.

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2012, 10:28:23 AM
Dromid to issue a statement at midday.

Actually thought HAye was from Dromid. He was very quick to the cameras.

thejuice

Hard to take professional boxing seriously at all these days. Especially the heavy weights. Its as comical as WWE now and I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome was pre-determined either.

All the nonsense at weigh-ins and press conferences is what you would expect from a  crap Rocky movie or wrestling.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

Crap and Rocky don't go together......  :o
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

thejuice

Rocky V and the latest one. Crap and Crap.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

Rocky V?!?!?!! Are you nuts?? The fight scene?
Yo Tommy you knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down?
TOMMY GUNN ONLY FIGHTS IN THE RING
My rings outside

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Atticus_Finch

May 5th - Paul McCloskey vs Julio Diaz , Kings Hall

Undercard will feature an Irish Middleweight Prizefighter - Anthony Fitzgerald, Eamonn O'Kane, Joe Rea, Mark Hefferon and Darren Cruise are all confirmed to fight.