Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Balls to that, BOXNATION just gone down before the 5th in the Magee fight

Atticus_Finch

It's just gone the 19th and looks like the 'free' day is over and we'll have to pay a tenner to watch  >:(  ... like i said earlier i don't think i'd be tempted to sign up until May time or until i see a list of quality fights coming up.

Hopefully Magee will get a shot at Kessler next which would obviously be a different prospect to markussen but would get Magee the biggest payday of his career.  You could see it happening,  that's twice Magee has gone over and won in Denmark.  Kessler's fans would be wanting him to restore a bit of national pride.

On the scoring, i wasn't listening to the scorecards as it was clear which way it was going to go but if one judge scored it 120-109 then this is a bit of guess work but i would imagine he called the 1st round as 10-9 to Booth and gave Galahad a 10-8 round (Galahad didn't get a knockdown but there were a couple of rounds in which he was very dominant).

Each fighter will start off a round at 10,  if a judge can't split the fighters during a round it will be a 10-10 round.

When a knockdown happens then that is automatically a 10-8 round and if the referee gives the count then it's a knockdown and the judge can't overrule that ... but if a fighter gets knocked down but dominates the rest of the round then that could be a 10-9 round as far as i know.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

tyroneboi

Seems to be the best fight if the night was haye v chisora at the press conference! Adam booth ended up with a cut head and chisora saying he is going to track haye down and shoot him haha!

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Atticus_Finch

I feel like Cinderella lads, once the clock struck 12 boxnation went down and the party stopped.

Not only did i miss the crucial bit of the Magee highlights but i missed the press conference.

Check out Gerry's link, unbelievable viewing.

I have to hand it to Klitschko's manager that was some opening soundbite:

Bernd Boente:  "He (Chisora) showed heart, you showed your toe "    ;D  ;D  ;D

Chisora's purse has taken a dent already with slapgate - now i'd say there will not be much left after he repeatedly threatened to shoot David Haye.

Booth then appears with a cut eye claiming that he was glassed.  But if you watch the video closely at 2:56 i reckon david Haye is responsible for the cut on Booth's head by swinging a tripod.

You couldn't write this stuff.

Klitschko just sat back with a smile on his face enjoying his ringside seat of BRITS ABROAD  :D

CiKe

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 19, 2012, 12:07:06 AM
It's just gone the 19th and looks like the 'free' day is over and we'll have to pay a tenner to watch  >:(  ... like i said earlier i don't think i'd be tempted to sign up until May time or until i see a list of quality fights coming up.

Hopefully Magee will get a shot at Kessler next which would obviously be a different prospect to markussen but would get Magee the biggest payday of his career.  You could see it happening,  that's twice Magee has gone over and won in Denmark.  Kessler's fans would be wanting him to restore a bit of national pride.

On the scoring, i wasn't listening to the scorecards as it was clear which way it was going to go but if one judge scored it 120-109 then this is a bit of guess work but i would imagine he called the 1st round as 10-9 to Booth and gave Galahad a 10-8 round (Galahad didn't get a knockdown but there were a couple of rounds in which he was very dominant).

Each fighter will start off a round at 10,  if a judge can't split the fighters during a round it will be a 10-10 round.

When a knockdown happens then that is automatically a 10-8 round and if the referee gives the count then it's a knockdown and the judge can't overrule that ... but if a fighter gets knocked down but dominates the rest of the round then that could be a 10-9 round as far as i know.

Doesn't matter if Galahad won a round a 10-8, as soon as he has lost aroun 10-9, logically he can't score 120 as you can't get 11 points for a round.

Cloud beat Campillo by split decision, had him down twice in first round after which it sounds like Campillo dominated. Seems like he got robbed and so did I!

CiKe

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 19, 2012, 08:30:59 AM
I feel like Cinderella lads, once the clock struck 12 boxnation went down and the party stopped.

Not only did i miss the crucial bit of the Magee highlights but i missed the press conference.

Check out Gerry's link, unbelievable viewing.

I have to hand it to Klitschko's manager that was some opening soundbite:

Bernd Boente:  "He (Chisora) showed heart, you showed your toe "    ;D  ;D  ;D

Chisora's purse has taken a dent already with slapgate - now i'd say there will not be much left after he repeatedly threatened to shoot David Haye.

Booth then appears with a cut eye claiming that he was glassed.  But if you watch the video closely at 2:56 i reckon david Haye is responsible for the cut on Booth's head by swinging a tripod.

You couldn't write this stuff.

Klitschko just sat back with a smile on his face enjoying his ringside seat of BRITS ABROAD  :D

That video is class, VK was pissing himself. Booth is a gobsite, what did Boente do to be the subject of his taunts? VK looked a bit bemused at that part. Whilst Haye clearly is a salesman and does this stuff to generate more money, doesn't stop him from being a complete tool. Chisora on the other hand clearly has a screw lose!

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: CiKe on February 19, 2012, 08:45:32 AM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 19, 2012, 12:07:06 AM

Doesn't matter if Galahad won a round a 10-8, as soon as he has lost aroun 10-9, logically he can't score 120 as you can't get 11 points for a round.

Cloud beat Campillo by split decision, had him down twice in first round after which it sounds like Campillo dominated. Seems like he got robbed and so did I!

You're right - i'm not sure what that judge was at tbh. If he had scored it that way the most Galahad could have got was 119.

That was a good shout on Campillo, unlucky.

I think Adam Booth must be feeling the biggest tool out of everybody this morning - if it's proven that it was David Haye swinging a tripod that cut him.

BennyHarp

Haye and Chisora should be thrown out of boxing for good, they are a complete embarrassment to the great sport. Two complete scumbags who have very little ability and no class. Haye talks up his fights then barely throws a punch and Chisora just is a fourth rate heavyweight. Neither would be a loss to boxing.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Dromid to issue a statement at midday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2012, 10:28:23 AM
Dromid to issue a statement at midday.

;D No reports of any handbags used or testicles touched, so only a minor incident.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrNGUeW2i8&feature=related

Better footage of the actual punch from Haye. Best shot of the night.

screenexile

Did he acually glass him or punch him the the bottle in his hand and it broke?

Either way 2 complete scumbags. BBC have a good picture of it ...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on February 19, 2012, 10:55:56 AM
Did he acually glass him or punch him the the bottle in his hand and it broke?

Either way 2 complete scumbags. BBC have a good picture of it ...

Well if there is a punch up at the Gaa games today, BBC will have more coverage of it ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Those guys should be locked up. All of them.