Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

At least Chisora is having a go, coming forward and throwing a few punches. He does seem like a complete sc**bag through, that spitting water in Vladamir's face was a dirty act.
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 18, 2012, 10:52:25 PM
At least Chisora is having a go, coming forward and throwing a few punches. He does seem like a complete sc**bag through, that spitting water in Vladamir's face was a dirty act.
Aye he's giving it a lash. Vitali is getting on so it will be interesting if it gets to the later rounds.

Milltown Row2

The other fight, Booth and Galahad is a cracker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CiKe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 18, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 18, 2012, 10:52:25 PM
Aye he's giving it a lash. Vitali is getting on so it will be interesting if it gets to the later rounds.

Definitely doing more than I expected and certainly true that there isn't a lot of weight (relatively speaking of course!) behind Klitschko's punches in the last two rounds.

Long time since VK been on the back foot so much, he's not dominating the middle of the ring at al the way I would have expected him to.

screenmachine

The heavyweight division really is in dire straights.  Two big useless c***ts who just throw stupid big slaps.  Fair enough if they connect they would do damage but it's pathetic boxing to watch.  Mike Tyson or any other good heavyweight would have had either of these mugs for breakfast.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2012, 10:56:33 PM
The other fight, Booth and Galahad is a cracker

Cracking fight alright.

CiKe

Quote from: screenmachine on February 18, 2012, 11:00:00 PM
The heavyweight division really is in dire straights.  Two big useless c***ts who just throw stupid big slaps.  Fair enough if they connect they would do damage but it's pathetic boxing to watch.  Mike Tyson or any other good heavyweight would have had either of these mugs for breakfast.

VK hasn't looked good tonight but he would have been awkward for any heavyweight in history. Tyson was potentially fantastic but also fought in an era of relatively weak heavyweights. Bruno, Berbick, Ferguson, Withserpoon, Smith, Tubbs weren't world beaters while Lewis destroyed Ruddock in a way Tyson couldn't

Your point is valid though, just about any other weight division is more interesting.

Atticus_Finch

I kept more of an eye on the channel 5 fight - great fight.

Super bantamweight has the prospect of some very decent match ups with Frampton, Quigg and Galahad in the division at domestic level and stepping up a level you've got Rigondeaux and Donaire.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

CiKe

just switched over to channel 5, where they seemed to suggest Kid Galahad had suffered knockdown to lose first round 10-8? Is that right? if so, how did one judge score it 120-109?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 18, 2012, 11:20:17 PM

Super bantamweight has the prospect of some very decent match ups with Frampton, Quigg and Galahad in the division at domestic level and stepping up a level you've got Rigondeaux and Donaire.

Was really impressed with Galahad tonight, would certainly give my wee 'cousin in law' a good fight which could go either way based on that fight tonight. Booth was tired at the end but resilient throughout. These 3 would need to fight off before stepping up to those lads.

He wasn't knocked on to the canvas Cike so I don't know how they score that. was a cracking punch though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CiKe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2012, 11:26:17 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 18, 2012, 11:20:17 PM

Was really impressed with Galahad tonight, would certainly give my wee 'cousin in law' a good fight which could go either way based on that fight tonight. Booth was tired at the end but resilient throughout. These 3 would need to fight off before stepping up to those lads.

He wasn't knocked on to the canvas Cike so I don't know how they score that. was a cracking punch though

10-8 suggests he lost the round badly, they seemed sure it was a 10-8 yet 120-109 suggests he got at least a share of the round. Decision obviously not controversial but something not right with that scoring.

Ulick

Booth caught him with a long swinging left, Galahad touched the canvas for a split second with his right but I felt he got something out of the round. Very impressive fighter, has some great combinations but as was said on the telly there, he does lack a bit of power. All credit to Brendan Ingle, he has great technique.

CiKe

I hate Haye getting so much air time to say he knocks him out just because he is a Brit, he barely landed a punch all night against Wlad.

Bunce has shown himself to be classless there as well with his criticisms of Wlad. Haye isn't even necessarily the best ex cruiserweight in the division. If Haye merited a fight, no reason Mormeck should not have one. As Atticus say he is the biggest win on Haye's record and let's not forget Haye had to get off the canvas.

Haye is licking his lips as he has seen the fight and thinks VK looks done. If he was really looking for to put things right he should be calling out a rematch with Wlad, but haven't heard him making too many noises about that.

Tony Baloney

Showing highlights of Magee's fight on 456 after the break.

CiKe

Quote from: Ulick on February 18, 2012, 11:37:16 PM
Booth caught him with a long swinging left, Galahad touched the canvas for a split second with his right but I felt he got something out of the round. Very impressive fighter, has some great combinations but as was said on the telly there, he does lack a bit of power. All credit to Brendan Ingle, he has great technique.

If he touched the canvas but you reckon won the rest of the round then can possibly be 9-9, but he can't get 10. Anyway, irrelevant in the scheme of things.