Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

The Fabulous Four - cracking documentary about Duran, Leonard, Hagler and Hearns available in full on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGKJfst9kL8

Hound

Is Klitschko v Chisora on telly anywhere?

Disgrace that Chisora is even getting a shot given he's lost 2 of his last 3 fights (and the one he won was against a no hoper).

glens73

Quote from: Hound on February 18, 2012, 08:40:58 AM

Disgrace that Chisora is even getting a shot given he's lost 2 of his last 3 fights (and the one he won was against a no hoper).

It's on a new boxing channel called Boxnation (456 on Sky) which is £10 a month in the uk (not sure how much it is in Ireland), or it is on their website for £15.

http://www.boxnation.tv/

You say it's a disgrace about Chisora but who else is out there to challenge the Klitschko's. He lost a 'hometown' decision for the European title in his last fight against Robert Helenius, thought of as a good challenger for the Klitschko's. He won that fight in many people's eyes and he will more than likely give more of an effort than Haye did, even if he loses.

armaghranger12

Quote from: glens73 on February 18, 2012, 09:00:58 AM

It's on a new boxing channel called Boxnation (456 on Sky) which is £10 a month in the uk (not sure how much it is in Ireland), or it is on their website for £15.

You say it's a disgrace about Chisora but who else is out there to challenge the Klitschko's. He lost a 'hometown' decision for the European title in his last fight against Robert Helenius, thought of as a good challenger for the Klitschko's. He won that fight in many people's eyes and he will more than likely give more of an effort than Haye did, even if he loses.

how funny was he slapping Klitschko's face, think that has just sealed his faith. I do feel sorry for him now getting into the ring with that man after disrespecting him.

CiKe

Quote from: glens73 on February 18, 2012, 09:00:58 AM

To be fair, Chisora probably should have got the decision against Helenius, but not being able to beat Fury would indicate he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell - you might have a punchers chance against Wlad but not Vitali.

Separately tonight, Gabriel Campillo is fighting Tavoris Cloud. Campillo has been on the wrong end of some dodgy decisions in the past and looks quite long at 15/2 to win on points (he is not much of a puncher). Cloud's three biggest wins have been against fighters some way past their prime. I'm tempted by 30-1 the draw as well if Campillo looks to be ahead, given he fighting an undefeated Yank in the US and he is not a name. Does anyone know at those odds do i get my money if it is a majority draw (odds with Paddypower)?

Atticus_Finch

Yeah Cike you would get your money - it would still fall into the category of a draw.

Much in the same way that if you back a fighter to win by decision (most people in their minds equate that with a points decision with the fight going the distance) - you would also get your bet up if the fighter wins by technical decision (e.g. if the fight is stopped early due to a cut and it goes to the score cards).

In summing up Chisora's chances tonight i wouldn't give the Fury fight an awful lot of weight because i've never seen Chisora in worse condition than he worse that night.  A fit chisora is without doubt a better fighter than Tyson Fury in my eyes.

While i don't think Chisora has much of a chance at all - i think he deserves his shot.  He's had two previous bouts with Klitschko (both with Wladimir from what i remember) fall through on account of no fault of his own and he understandly became a bit disillusioned.  In saying that, it doesn't excuse the shape he turned up to the Fury fight in.

As Glens has touched on, the Heavyweight division isn't exactly blessed with talent.  Chisora deserves a shot.  I think his best hope was that Klitschko went into the fight with a great deal of complacency and Chisora had an opportunity to catch him cold.  I'd safely say that slim hope is up in smoke after that press conference yesterday.  I don't know what Chisora was thinking,  maybe he thought he was indulging in some clever mind games.  Wladimir showed that he was by and large impervious to the old mind games during the Haye bout and I don't think Vitali would be too much different .... for chisora to even try what he did was foolish.

Brian Magee also fights tonight in a defence of his WBA interim title against Rudy Markussen.  Magee has always come across as an honest and decent bloke and hopefully he'll do the business.  I know next to nothing about Markussen but compairing their records and the quality of recent oppposition then Magee should win this fairly comfortably.

Not a paper that I would read too often but the Belfast Telegraph had a good interview last night with Pat Magee (Brian's manager) in which he basically says that the North needs another Barney eastwood to get boxing the boost that it needs and how it is very hard to make a living as a professional boxer these days unless you're a headliner and that in this day and age you're better off staying an amateur for as long as you can.

I still haven't taken the plunge and got boxnation - any of you guys got it ?  Would you consider it worthwhile ?

I'm going to see if i can get a decent stream for the fight tonigh, will post it up here if i can.  I see boxnation has got the rights to the mayweather vs Cotto fight in May, i think at that stage i might sign up for it but up until then Sky have most of the decent action.  There is that much boxing action on St Paddy's day that it is also most tempting to stay sober for it !  Macklin vs Martinez from Madison Sq garden is the main feature but also earlier on in the day Kell Brook fights Matthew Hatton with Carl Frampton on the undercard.  In addition to the St Paddy's day fights, Sky also have Devon alexander vs Marcos Maidana next week and Erik Morales vs Danny Garcia (March 24) as well as the other Klitschko brother who is facing arguably the best name on David Haye's win record in Jean Marc Mormeck on the first weekend in March.

Kid Galahad is facing Jason Booth on channel 5 tonight - this guy almost ended up fighting Big Bang Casey and if he had i would have fancied him and at the time he would have been a fairly big outsider.    Galahad has been compared by many to Naseem Hamed mainly because he's Sheffield based and has the same trainer that Hamed did (Brendan Ingle).  Booth is a well seasoned pro but i think he was close to hanging up the gloves during his last outing when he was completely dominated by Scott Quigg.  I would question whether his heart is still in it at this stage and although on paper you would think with his ring experience he would be lasting the distance I can really see Kid Galahad winning by stoppage.

Finch's Findings:

Brian Magee with all his travelling experience will have no problems in getting the win in Copenhagen against Rudy Markussen - An absolute gift at Evens (Bet365, William Hill)

Kid Galahad to stop a Jason Booth who is already considering hanging up the gloves - definite value at 7/2 with Paddy Power

Vitali Kltischko to get his revenge in the ring and stop Del Boy Chisora between rounds 1-3  - has a puncher's chance at 5/1 with Paddy Power
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

STREET FIGHTER

Lads

Any links to the fight?

SF

Milltown Row2

http://www.venturetv.me/channel3.htm

Or link up to freefootball.org look for all sports. find a stream that suits
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

Boxnation Links:

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/108282/1/watch-boxing-:-brian-magee-vs-rudy-markussen.html

http://www.vipbox.tv/en/watch/34523/1/brian-magee-vs-rudy-markussen-live-stream-online.html

Chisora vs Klitschko due to kick off in about 45 minutes.

Looks like Vitali is getting his own back before the fight even begins - there was a bit of a hand wrapping controversy.  Wladimir was Vitali's inspector and went into Chisora's dressing room and complained about the way his hands were being wrapped and caused a bit of a stir.  Meanwhile there was no one available to do inspect Vitali's hand wrapping.  Sounded a bit of a mess and it has delayed the fight.

Looks like the Magee fight is on after Klitschko, which is not what i was expecting.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2012, 09:35:57 PM
http://www.venturetv.me/channel3.htm

Or link up to freefootball.org look for all sports. find a stream that suits

Cheers.

What time is it suppose to start?

Milltown Row2

This is silly games with all the shite they do now. Dickheads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Abble

[/quote]

What time is it suppose to start?
[/quote]

because of the hand wraps check there is a 15 min delay------------> 10.15 start

Atticus_Finch

Yeah, the amount of foreplay that goes on before fights is ridiculous.  I've never seen worse than the Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko fight for f**king about.

Folks got a text suggesting that box nation have decided at the last minute to air the fight for free.  Check it out - Sky channel 456.

Atticus_Finch

Tyson Fury will strategically use this night of heavyweight boxing to announce that his next opponent will be one Martin Rogan.

CiKe

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 18, 2012, 09:47:02 PM
Yeah, the amount of foreplay that goes on before fights is ridiculous.  I've never seen worse than the Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko fight for f**king about.

Folks got a text suggesting that box nation have decided at the last minute to air the fight for free.  Check it out - Sky channel 456.

not sure if the build up is always free and it gets cut off pre fight but so far so good. Question is whether Vitali decides to carry him or not as I think if he goes after him he can definitely take him out early