bridgegael

how did it go? any reports?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

everymanaman

Report on fight
http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2011/1204/cottom.html

Box Nation went subscription from 1st December

The Claw

This Kahn Peterson fight is a good one so far. Kahn the faster but Peterson definitely troubling him with some big shots.

The Claw

I think Peterson might have edged this now with the deducted points

The Claw

Peterson wins!!! Wow. Amazing amazing fight. Got to hand it to Peterson. Kahn just didn't have the power to stop Peterson coming and coming. Points deductions will be talked about but they were justified, the ref warned him numerous times. Kahn also has terrible timing for his punches, he doesn't wait for an opportunity to throw the combinations, just throws them willy nilly.

The Claw

Kahn is such a d1ck. Blaming the ref and the fact that it was in DC. Can't face that he lost the fight fair and square. This is why he hasn't been the draw he could have been over the last while.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Claw on December 11, 2011, 05:17:29 AM
Kahn is such a d1ck. Blaming the ref and the fact that it was in DC. Can't face that he lost the fight fair and square. This is why he hasn't been the draw he could have been over the last while.

He took that defeat well, simply not as good as he think's he is.

The Claw

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 11, 2011, 05:25:58 AM

How did he take the defeat well? He said it was like fighting two people in the ring and that he was the "clean fighter". Blamed Peterson for coming in with his head. Never once admitted that he was outfought.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Claw on December 11, 2011, 06:04:40 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 11, 2011, 05:25:58 AM

How did he take the defeat well? He said it was like fighting two people in the ring and that he was the "clean fighter". Blamed Peterson for coming in with his head. Never once admitted that he was outfought.

I need to work on my sarcasm.

ONeill

Didn't think he was outfought. The 2 deducted points lost him the fight. He'd have retained his belt only for the loss of that point with a minute to go. I thought they won 6 rounds each.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bridgegael

never saw the fight, but khan is nowhere near as good as he is hyped up to be.  talk of him fighting pbf next year,  wouldnt last three rounds.   

any word on ricky hatton making a comeback next year?  should get his licence if true.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Groucho

Amir Khan.....no he can't :D

I'll just get my coat....
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

AZOffaly

Just paid £10 for 'legends of boxing' which is basically a 4 DVD set from ESPN which counts down the top 10 heavyweights in Bert Sugar's opinion. Also includes the entire Thrilla in Manila and the Rumble in the Jungle as well as extensive highlights of fights from Holmes, Frazier and Marciano. Great watch. Some belts and some fights back then.

Armaghgeddon

Dissapointed he wasn't knocked out. He fights boxers that are past it and then there are 1 or 2 not so good young boxers thrown in for good measure.