Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

He backtracked though as he said on twitter that his words had been taken out of context.
his next tweet the day after was that he watched the fight and it was clear Manny won  ::)

Wouldn't want to upset the camp.
Anyway, any links so I can judge for myself.  Gallsman, you seem like in the know?

gallsman

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 15, 2011, 10:00:14 PM
He backtracked though as he said on twitter that his words had been taken out of context.
his next tweet the day after was that he watched the fight and it was clear Manny won  ::)

Wouldn't want to upset the camp.
Anyway, any links so I can judge for myself.  Gallsman, you seem like in the know?

I downloaded it from rapidshare

Exactly - he backtracked, having watched the thing again, which can often be crucial in boxing as in a close fight like that it's easy to cheer the underdog and lose impartiality. It's not as if Roach told him to come out with it or he wouldn't be allowed spar with Manny again!

CiKe

Quote from: gallsman on November 15, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Having watched the fight again, Khan has come out and said that Pacquiao sneaked it by one or two rounds.

Having watched the fight again, I'm still convinced Pacman won it - Landed more punches, better football and ring generalship.

Finally watched the fight. Gallsman, no harm to you but you haven't a notion, and are the only one full of sh*t. I had Marquez 6-2 up after 8 rounds with Pac-Man taking only 1 and 3. At best he won two of the last four. Not sure what your definition of ring generalship is, but I would have it something along the lines of dominating the centre of the ring, cutting off the opponent and pinning on the ropes, making him fight at your pace etc. Do you know how many times Pacquiao got Marquez on the ropes in 36 minutes of boxing? Not once. You seem to have been impressed by his speed and fact he threw more punches - is that the first time you have seen him fight by any chance? He is a whirlwind ordinarily and I'm a huge fan but that was robbery altogether. Despite Manny Steward talking about his balance and what not, in my opinion he showed Marquez no respect whatsoever - he barely threw to the body at all and to my mind seemed confident that superior speed and fitness would tell.

I expected Marquez to be blown away inside 6 rounds as considered him to be getting on. Delighted to be proved wrong. Hope he takes opportunity to cut Khan to pieces.

ross4life

David Haye to come out of retirement, money talks no doubt.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/15928510.stm
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gold

Quote from: CiKe on November 26, 2011, 12:43:31 AM
Having watched the fight again, Khan has come out and said that Pacquiao sneaked it by one or two rounds.

Having watched the fight again, I'm still convinced Pacman won it - Landed more punches, better football and ring generalship.

Finally watched the fight. Gallsman, no harm to you but you haven't a notion, and are the only one full of sh*t. I had Marquez 6-2 up after 8 rounds with Pac-Man taking only 1 and 3. At best he won two of the last four. Not sure what your definition of ring generalship is, but I would have it something along the lines of dominating the centre of the ring, cutting off the opponent and pinning on the ropes, making him fight at your pace etc. Do you know how many times Pacquiao got Marquez on the ropes in 36 minutes of boxing? Not once. You seem to have been impressed by his speed and fact he threw more punches - is that the first time you have seen him fight by any chance? He is a whirlwind ordinarily and I'm a huge fan but that was robbery altogether. Despite Manny Steward talking about his balance and what not, in my opinion he showed Marquez no respect whatsoever - he barely threw to the body at all and to my mind seemed confident that superior speed and fitness would tell.

I expected Marquez to be blown away inside 6 rounds as considered him to be getting on. Delighted to be proved wrong. Hope he takes opportunity to cut Khan to pieces.

C'mon now lads stop squabbling like a pair of siblings. Gallsman knows his boxin CiKe
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

The Iceman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8qFNXCI3Vo&feature=player_embedded#!
the Pocket Rocket has lost it completely. Not able to settle for a decent full time job with the UFC and all the benefits that go with it, his numerous journalistic efforts with Sky TV and the like, Wayne has resorted to stupid YouTube videos in the hope of keeping himself relevant and raising his daughter's profile.
The girl has no star quality, his messed up Chempian accent and is riding on the merits of her name.

Is this all him or the doings of Cheryl????
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

If you were not already excited for the Cotto fight on Sat night check out this interview with both fighters.....

Cotto looks like he is going to murder him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXxfbQ4Hpg&list=PL3D574A5EF4D12F6E&index=11&feature=plpp_video
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Christmas Lights

Quote from: The Iceman on December 01, 2011, 07:12:23 PM
If you were not already excited for the Cotto fight on Sat night check out this interview with both fighters.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXxfbQ4Hpg&list=PL3D574A5EF4D12F6E&index=11&feature=plpp_video

The first fight was incredible.  Unbelievable how Marg just walked through Cotto's punches to eventually wear him down.  I was stunned when I saw Cotto take a knee.

CiKe

Quote from: Gold on November 30, 2011, 06:37:02 PM
Quote from: CiKe on November 26, 2011, 12:43:31 AM

C'mon now lads stop squabbling like a pair of siblings. Gallsman knows his boxin CiKe

Gimme a clue?

CiKe

Quote from: Christmas Lights on December 01, 2011, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on December 01, 2011, 07:12:23 PM

The first fight was incredible.  Unbelievable how Marg just walked through Cotto's punches to eventually wear him down.  I was stunned when I saw Cotto take a knee.

Agreed Cotto took some battering and to be honest I thought he took a brave decision to actually quit, knowing the abuse he would get - he took a massive amount of punishment in that fight and if he had kept going it may have been the end of him. Always good to watch, hope Cotto returns the favour and hammers him.

unitedireland

Anyone any idea of were to watch cotto margarito. im living in fermanagh and the only station showing it seems to be boxnation tv which is pay per view 6 month subscribtion! I usually watch fights on my2p2 but my bandwidth isnt big enough any ideas?????

sammymaguire

when did Box Nation go subscription? it was free last time I checked about a fortnight ago!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on December 02, 2011, 04:15:29 PM
Nigel Benn v Gerald McClellan – the tragic fight continues to haunt
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/dec/02/nigel-benn-gerald-mcclellan-fight

To this day it's still the best boxing fight I've seen but a truly tragic end. The documentary ,The Fight Of Our Lives should be worth a watch.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

screenmachine

What time is the Cotto Margarito fight due to start?  3-4 I presume?  Post any links here when found...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.