Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

bridgegael

didnt see any of the fight but by accounts marquez should have one.  that would really have put a spanner in the works of pacman/pbf in may. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

lurganblue

Is the mayweather fight really scheduled for may or is it just pie in the sky? I haven't heard thy they have sorted their difference. Floyd still wants the extra test and pacman wont agree to it. It's about time they were forced to fight anyway

CiKe

Not seen this yet but it seems clear that Marquez is Pac-Man's worst nightmare, no one else has come close to giving him a fight recently. For me great as Manny is, the first two fights are question marks on his record. I've been thinking recently that if he were to beat PBF he would probably go down in history as the greatest P4P fighter, but watched Marquez I and II again there during the week, and what with last night (based just on reports), now I'm not so sure - if he had been close but clear winner in both he could maybe claim that if he beats Mayweather. Given the controversy though not sure he can make it to the very top of my list!

Club Rossa

Tyson Fury fight was entertaining but did anyone else notice the eejits in the crowd going mad?
No harm to Fury and i know the heavyweight division is poor these days but there is no way he is or ever will be world class.

screenexile

Marquez was done up like a kipper! I had him 3 up and thought I was being generous! If his 'best mate' Khan thought he got beat then somethings up!

gallsman

Utter shite being talked here, on a round for round basis, with the exception of the first Harold Lederman had it right at 116-112. Possible exception of the first so maybe it was 115-113. Marquez was relatively inactive in the last two rounds after his corner stupidly told him he was winning and he reduced his (already lower) output.

Very good, very close fight and JMM deserves all the credit in the world for still somehow figuring out Pacquiao at 38, but Pacquiao was definitely the winner.

JimStynes

Anywhere online that I could watch the fight?

unitedireland

Marquez won clearly. HBO are pushing the Pacman Mayweather fight same as the judges thats y he got the decision. Money talks Top Rank had the judges sorted.
Listen to on the rope radio clip on http://www.eastsideboxing.com/
Listen to Dwyer http://www.youtube.com/user/dwyer70905#p/a/u/0/EojVHy7J4cA
Look at Pacman after the fight does he look like a happy champ? He knew he lost
Khan called out marquez on primetime as he thought pacman lost. I like pacman but lost respect for him because of his teams back handers

Mont

bad decision to let pacman win but then money talks.
marquez is right - he should say f**k them and hang up the gloves - he has come out the wrong side of the result when he deserved more in all 3 fights

mayweather will tear pacman another hole unless pacman improves.

as for big tyson fury - decent honest big fella but shouldnt be near world title - however with the division being so poor he may get a chance.
as for the crowd at it -  ::) is all I will say as some people may be offended on here ::)

heganboy

had a look at that fight as I didn't bother with it as I assumed that Pac would have it by a landslide. That was one of the worst cases of robbery in a big fight in years. Horrible decision, I think that the guy who scored it a draw was probably nervous with that score card as it would have looked blatant, and now because of the other 2 judges he looks like the good guy.
Bought and paid for, felt bad for Roach, who could only say yeah there should be a rematch, but I think we won those last two rounds...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Having watched the fight again, Khan has come out and said that Pacquiao sneaked it by one or two rounds.

Having watched the fight again, I'm still convinced Pacman won it - Landed more punches, better football and ring generalship.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gallsman on November 15, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Having watched the fight again, Khan has come out and said that Pacquiao sneaked it by one or two rounds.

Well he is his mate after all.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 15, 2011, 09:33:44 PM

Anyone any links for the full fight?  have not seen it yet.

gallsman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 15, 2011, 09:33:44 PM

Surely if that mattered he wouldn't have called it for Marquez in the first place.