Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Crazy ending to that fight, after the head butt what was Ortiz at with the gloves down? Mayweather had enough of the hugfest.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

Don't have a lot of sympathy for Ortiz. His misdemeanour was just as bad.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Larry Merchant does my head. He is taking even longer to get his sentences out now ffs. I'm not surprised that Floyd let rip on him, he doesnt give Floyd the respect he deserves after each victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAa5bAy7Tc&feature=player_embedded

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on September 18, 2011, 09:29:42 AM
Larry Merchant does my head. He is taking even longer to get his sentences out now ffs. I'm not surprised that Floyd let rip on him, he doesnt give Floyd the respect he deserves after each victory.

I'd rather someone called it as they see it rather than sucking his balls even if it was a shut fight.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 18, 2011, 09:49:47 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 18, 2011, 09:29:42 AM

I'd rather someone called it as they see it rather than sucking his balls even if it was a shut fight.

Well said Tony, plus any respect anyone had for Mayweather is gone after that showing.  Hope Larry gets a dig at him soon. 

Medic

"I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass" GO LARRY!!  :D
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

gallsman

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2011, 04:55:54 AM
The Shankill's favourite World Chempian on co-commentary. f**k sake.

I always liked Wayne as a boxer. He had hand speed, a solid chin and lots of heart. His wife was always the problem.
What is so sad now is that it looks like the Wife is gung-ho on pushing their daughter, Wynona, to stardom. She can't be more than 13/14. His facebook is a marketing campaign for her in numerous talent competitions, they call her Wy-Mac the hip hop dancer and artist.

Feel sorry for them in their quest to remain relevant and for the girl to be pushed so hard.
She can sing a bit but she'll never be a superstar, regardless of how bad the McCullough's want her to be.........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

omagh_gael

QuoteShe can sign a bit but she'll never be a superstar, regardless of how bad the McCullough's want her to be.........

The deaf hip-hop scene is a hard market to break into alright. ;)

The Iceman

Good man O.G LOL fixed that.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ludermor

Irish team doing very well in the World Championships so far, all 3 (Conlon, Sheehan & Moylette) have won their bouts.
If a boxer gets as far as the quater finals then they qualify for the olympcs ( with the exception of the heavy weight and Superheavy height where the semi finalists go through) . Also if they get beaten in the quaters by the eventual gold meadalist they will also qualify for the Olympics. There shoudl be a good few of them hoping to at least qualify and a few to medal.

Capt Pat

John Joe Nevin and Darren O Neil have made the olympics. Joe Ward got beat.

nrico2006

Barnes, Moylette and Ward would have been 3 of the best hopes too.  I would imagine they will still male the Olympics though.

Good to see Andy Lee beating Vera at the weekend.  Must be due a tilt at a title now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

(Kid) Conlon was simply brilliant today against a French boxer. He turned around a deficit from the first round and boxed his way to victory against a tough experienced opponent. It was some contest but Conlon stayed the distance better.